What is a Transfer Applicant?
Point Park University considers a transfer applicant one that has completed 12 or more transferable credits a regionally accredited college, university or technical school.
What is a Post-Baccalaureate Applicant?
- Has completed or will complete their bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
Is for candidates seeking an additional bachelor's degree
What is a Readmit Applicant?
Has been previously enrolled at Point Park and has not taken any classes at Point Park for one or more semesters.
First-Semester College/University Freshman ...
....Are applicants who looking to transfer to Point Park for the and do not yet have an official college transcript to submit for an admissions decision.
I'm a first-semester freshman and do not have a transcript. What do I do?
- Spring (January) Candidates: Submit official copies of final high school transcript and test scores (test scores printed on transcripts are official and are accepted) so that the application can be reviewed for an admissions decision.
- If candidate meets freshman admissions requirements based upon what is reported on the official high school transcript and test scores, they will be offered provisional acceptance to Point Park.
- If minimum freshman requirements are NOT met, the admission decisions is deferred until the applicant can submit an official college/university transcript at the end of the semester.
Upon receipt of the final official college transcript, the candidate's is again reviewed for straight acceptance and scholarship consideration.
Fall (August) Candidates: Submit an official copy of your college/university transcript at the end of your first semester. Admission decisions are not given to first-semester freshmen candidates transferring to Point Park for the Fall semester until an official college/university transcript can be submitted.
Transfer Credit and Credit Evaluations
The Admission Decision
- All applications are reviewed for an admission decision and scholarship consideration (no separate application required for scholarship consideration).
No applicant is automatically denied admission.
- A cumulative 2.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale.
A cumulative G.P.A. lower than 2.0 will require you to provide additional information to support your application. An interview with the Office of Admission may also be required.
- Completed application form. Apply Online Free (no fee and no deadline)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended. Transcript data from previous institutions
attended that are printed on the most recently attended institution's transcript is not accepted.
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. results
- A personal essay (optional) (Refer to the Personal Essay page for further instruction)
- Letters of recommendation and resume (optional
- Have a seal or statement indicating no seal
- Have a degree earned and graduation date if applicable
- Have an authorized signature
- Are mailed to Point Park by the issuing institution OR
- Are submitted electronically by your school utilizing one of the following online transcript services:
- If applicable, is transcript data from previous institutions printed on the transcript from the most recently attended institution
- Are photocopies or scanned copies
- Have been faxed or e-mailed
- Do not have an authorized signature
Are mailed to Point Park by someone other than the issuing institution
Hand-Delivering Required Documents
If the applicant hand delivers any of these documents directly to the Office of Admissions, they must be in the issuing institution's sealed envelope.
All documents may be sent under separate cover to:
Point Park University
Office of Admissions
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222