Skip to main content
Rebecca Coley earned an associate degree from CCAC, then earned a bachelor's degree in human resource management from Point Park. Read Rebecca's story.Point Park University welcomes students who have completed, or are working toward, an associate degree at Community College of Allegheny County and want to earn a four-year degree.Logo of the Community College of Allegheny County. Used with permission. Point Park offers over 70 undergraduate majors in a wide range of disciplines, including many that offer CCAC students a smooth continuation to an area of study related to their associate degree.

Receive Advanced Standing

Under a formal transfer agreement, CCAC students who have completed the following associate degrees within specified disciplines may continue at Point Park as advanced standing students with junior status:
  • Associate Degree in Arts
  • Associate Degree in Science

The associate degree must demonstrate:

  • 30 credits in general education content
  • 18 credits of major-related content
  • An earned grade of C- or better in courses

In addition, the associate degree must be related to one of the following Point Park disciplines:

CCAC students who have completed part of an associates degree may still be eligible to receive transfer credit.
Point Park University Transfer Options from CCAC

Point Park University Transfer Options from CCAC

CCAC Academic Major

Point Park Transfer Options

  • Accounting
  • Accounting Specialist
  • Business Management
  • Business, TAOC
  • Biology
  • Criminal Justice and Criminology
  • Social Science, Track History
  • Social Science, Track Political Science
  • Social Work Foundation
  • Psychology
  • Liberal Arts
  • Paralegal
  • Fire and Emergency Services

Receive an associate degree from CCAC

Students who transfer at least 15 credit hours and earn at least 12 additional credit hours at Point Park will be awarded an associate degree from CCAC upon notification from Point Park that the students have completed the appropriate academic requirements.

Start the transfer process

To learn more about continuing your education at Point Park, contact the

Learn more about Point Park University