Skip to main content

The first step to enrolling is always to apply for veterans education benefits.

Use our application checklist below to guide you! Also, please feel free at any time to contact Deb Bateman, Point Park's veterans benefits coordinator, at 412-392-3433 or for assistance.

Easy Application Checklist (chapter 33, 35)

  1. Apply for benefits at Note: Once benefits are determined, a Certificate of Eligibility will be sent directly to the student. Students MUST submit a copy to the certifying official at Point Park University.
  2. Apply for admission to the University.
  3. File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Note: You do not have to wait to be accepted to file a FAFSA. In fact, the earlier you file, the better. Learn more about completing the FAFSA.
  4. Notify Point Park's director of veteran services once admitted. In most cases your deposit can be waived.
  5. Register for classes. For questions on how to register for your first semester at Point Park, please contact your admissions counselor/office.

Chapter 1606, TA

  1. Please visit your unit's Education Services Officer (ESO)

  2. Follow steps 2-5 above

Return of Tuition Assistance:  Military Tuition

Tuition Assistance (TA) is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of TA funds originally awarded.  To comply with Department of Defense policy, Point Park University will return any unearned TA funds on a prorate basis through at least the 60% portion of the period for which the funds were provided.