Co-op Information for Employers #PointParkWorksForYou
Gain Access to our Co-op Students
We have developed strong relationships with local companies since our University's founding in 1960, educating students in career-focused programs taught by faculty who work in the fields they teach. Companies have found success working with our Professional Career-Readiness Center to recruit skilled interns and employees.
Strengthening this important connection between educating students and preparing the future workforce, we established a cooperative education, or co-op, program. As a result, our students have completed co-op experiences with a variety of companies we have established relationships with throughout Pittsburgh and beyond.
Connect to our Co-op Program
Learn what it means to be connected to our co-op students and discover the benefits it can provide for your company.
- Interview pre-screened candidates; employ a third- or fourth-year student in a full-time, entry-level position for one or two academic semesters. The student may also receive academic credit.
- Expose the student to all areas of the business, with engagement in daily operations to help deliver results for your company.
- Evaluate the student according to the company's probationary employment policies.
Benefits to Your Company
- A temporary employee already vetted as competent and dependable, working daily to accomplish company goals
- A cooperative student-training plan designed with your input
- Opportunity to groom a young adult already knowledgeable about your company for a full-time position upon graduation
- Guidance from Point Park's team as needed throughout student employment
Sign Up to Be a Partner Company
If you are interested in becoming a partner company, complete this online form.
For questions or more information, contact us at 412-392-3950 or firstname.lastname@example.org.