Coordinator of Student Conduct - Part Time
POSITION: Coordinator of Student Conduct - Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Conduct
The Office of Student Conduct at Point Park University was designed to adequately address the changing landscape of incoming college students, and to create additional learning opportunities and time for reflection for students who violate the Code of Student Conduct. The Office serves in a dual capacity to promote the educational mission of the University while also safeguarding the values of the University community. The Office of Student Development hears all of the student conduct cases over the course of the academic year.
Student Conduct Internship Description:
The goal for this position is to develop a working knowledge of a university student conduct system, while also enhancing critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills of the graduate student. The intern will gain experience as a student conduct officer, and will have the ability to apply classroom learning to practical experiences. In addition to these responsibilities, this intern will also live on campus and serve as a part of the on-call duty rotation within the residence halls.
The primary responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Implement campus-wide drug and alcohol education programming in collaboration with campus partners
- Assist with the educational components and case management of the University’s non-academic student conduct system
- Coordinate and implement trainings for student conduct officers
- Serve as a student conduct officer, hearing cases in an administrative setting
- Assist with managing the Maxient student conduct database
- Assist with the compilation and analysis of end of semester conduct reports
- Serve in the duty rotation with other Administrators on Duty (AODs), responding to calls and remaining within 10 (walking) minutes of the University when on call.
Other Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in selected residence life staff meetings, RE Training (August and January), Move In Day and other Residence Life specific duties.
- Participate in large-scale, campus-wide Student Affairs events and initiatives (i.e. Commencement, etc)
- Serve as part of the Student Life emergency/crisis team and its attendant protocol
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinator will receive $2,000 in flex dollars per semester for the duration of their role
- Coordinator will earn $12 per hour for a semester average of 20hrs per week
- Coordinator will share an apartment with a fellow intern. Apartment has private bedroom and a private bathroom for both ARDs. The apartment has a shared full kitchen and dining room. The kitchen includes a large refrigerator, oven and dishwasher. Shared laundry facilities are available on the floor.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to JW Tabacchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work in the United States.