Director of Counseling Services
**UPDATED - MARCH 19, 2018**
POSITION: Director of Counseling Services
REPORTS TO: Dean of Student Life
DEPARTMENT: Student Health and Counseling within the Office of Student Life
Licensed Psychologist (or license-eligible) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology. Three to five years of experience in a college or university counseling center; with three years of clinical experience and at least two years of administrative experience in a college or university setting is preferred. Supervisory experience also required.
The Director oversees and provides counseling services to Point Park University students. Services include individual and group therapy and prevention and educational outreach programs. The Director also oversees crisis management services, including the development and implementation of acute hospitalization and after-hours procedures. The Director also has primary responsibility for the day-to-day supervision and management of the clinical and administrative staff. The Director serves as the primary voice of mental health services for the campus community and provides vision, leadership and advocacy for Counseling Services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the overall operations of the University Clinic, including clinical and administrative supervision of the doctoral student staff.
- Provide therapy for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students experiencing a wide range of difficulties.
- Plan and conduct preventative psychoeducational programming to the campus community.
- Develop, oversee and maintain student support/therapy groups.
- Develop innovative methods of service delivery based on needs of the university’s students.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of Counseling Center and University policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain clinical documentation through Titanium (electronic medical record).
- Serve as administrator of Titanium—ensuring compliance, accuracy of all clinical and service data, and evaluating the data for trends in use, areas for improvement, and service needs.
- Serve as the University’s mental health crisis administrator, developing and implementing procedures to respond to crises and emergencies.
- Serve as a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
- Oversee the clearance process with the Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students for students requiring hospitalized mental health evaluations.
- Provide consultation to faculty, staff, and parents regarding students of concern.
- Collaborate with doctoral faculty in the training and supervision of doctoral students.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING SERVICES - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.