Full-Time Staff Benefits Summary
Point Park University is pleased to offer the following benefits package:
- Health Coverage: UPMC Health Plan EPO and PPO and Highmark Community Blue HMO. Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Double Health Coverage Waiver Option: Employee can elect to waive health insurance and receive a portion of the premium that the University would have paid for coverage. (This amount is announced each year by the University.) A signed waiver and proof of other insurance coverage must be provided.
- Vision Coverage: Highmark Vision which provides for Exam, frames and lenses and/or contacts once every year (Employee paid premium). Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Dental Coverage: United Concordia Plus (DMO) & United Concordia Preferred (PPO) (Employee Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Life Insurance: Equal to annual salary, rounded up to nearest $1000 to a maximum of $100,000. (University Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Short Term & Long Term Disability: Income replacement for qualifying disability periods. (University Paid Benefits/Premium) Eligible for STD the 1st day of the 4th month after date of hire. Eligible for LTD the 1st day of the following month after date of hire.
- Paid Sick Days: Accumulated at one (1) day per month in any calendar month; maximum of 75 days. Days are available for use after 90-day introductory day period.
- Paid Vacation: Fifteen (15) prorated days per year (Additional days added for years of service--see Staff Handbook.) Days are available for use after 90-day introductory day period.
- Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Break (normally from Christmas Eve Day through and including New Year's Day) plus two floating holidays.
- Personal Day: One (1) day per calendar year; available for use after 90-day introductory period.
- Tuition Remission: Undergraduate programs: Tuition remission (tuition only) up to 11 credits after 90-day introductory period for employee, full tuition remission for spouse and dependent children (eg. ages 25 and under); Graduate Programs: Tuition remission (tuition only) up to 6 credits after 90-day introductory period for employee, 50% tuition remission for spouse and dependent children. Doctoral Programs: Full-time staff, their spouse and dependent children can potentially receive a 30% discount on tuition for the Doctoral Program.
- Graduate and Doctoral remission is taxable according to IRS Guidelines. Fees are not covered by tuition remission. Tuition remission also does not include classes through Community Classes, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, experiential learning credits or study abroad programs.
- College Exchange Programs for Dependent Children: The University participates in the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) and Tuition Exchange Inc. (TE) tuition exchange programs. Dependent children (under 25) of full-time staff may be eligible to participate in one or both of these programs. Each program has its own unique requirements. Please contact HR for each program's details and deadlines.
- Retirement Plan- Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA): Eligible the 1st of the month following hire. Does not include matching funds by the University. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS legal limits. The University vendor is TIAA.
- Retirement Plan- GRA Retirement Plan (GRA): Eligible after one year of employment. Employee contributes 2%, 3%, 4%, or 5% of gross monthly salary; University matches the monthly employee contribution up to 5%.
- Employee will be automatically enrolled the month following 12 months of employment at the 5% contribution level with the applicable University match in TIAA. We strongly encourage you to consult with a TIAA or other financial advisor to choose your investment options. Employees may choose to decline, or participate at a lower or higher contribution level by contacting Human Resources for the corresponding form.
- Bus Pass Program: A monthly bus pass can be deducted from your pay and the bus pass will be delivered with your paycheck. A form for this program is available during the New Hire Orientation.
- Flexible Spending Program: Salary Reduction Program for medical or dependent care. (Employee deductions on a pre-tax basis)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance through One America: One America Voluntary Term Life Insurance offers additional life insurance coverage to employees, spouses, and dependents. This is an optional benefit and premiums are 100% paid by the employee through a post-tax payroll deduction. Enrolling in this voluntary life insurance benefit does not change your current employer-paid group life insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential counseling services for the employee and family members residing in household. Up to 6 visits per issue is covered by EAP solutions. www.lifesolutionsforyou.com Organization/company code: point
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage: Home purchase and sale discount at 10% off of gross commission. Seller/Buyer must sign an exclusive listing contract with a Howard Hanna broker. Register for free benefit at www.hannagoldadvantage.com or call 1-800-656-7356 X244. See Howard Hanna website for more details.
- Liberty Mutual: As an employee of Point Park University, you qualify for a special group discount on your auto, home, and renter's insurance through Liberty Mutual's Auto and Home Insurance program. This unique program allows you to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at low group rates with a variety of convenient service and payment options. For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact at (412) 364-1130 ext. 54713 or customer service 1-800-208-3063.
- PNC Bank-Workplace Banking: Employees are eligible for free checking accounts with no minimum balance, free PNC Bank VISA card with direct deposit from your monthly paycheck. There is a PNC ATM on campus. Contact your local PNC Bank Branch to set up your account and mention that you are an employee of the University.
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck into checking or savings account: to enroll, complete form and provide copy of voided check to the Payroll Department.
NOTE: This only represents a summary of the benefits package.