Operating Engineers/Painters Union Employees
Local 95-95A Benefits Summary
Point Park University is pleased to offer you the following package:
- Health Coverage: UPMC Health Plan EPO and PPO. Vision Plus provides some coverage for lenses and frames or contacts through Vision Benefits of America. (Please see contribution scale for coverages.) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Double Health Coverage Waiver Option: Employee can elect to waive health insurance and receive a portion of the premium that the University would have paid for coverage. (This amount is announced each year by the University.)
- Dental Coverage: United Concordia (DMO) & United Concordia Preferred (PPO) (Employee Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Life Insurance: Equal to annual salary, rounded up to nearest $1000 to a maximum of $100,000. (University Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Short Term & Long Term Disability: Income replacement for qualifying disability periods. (University Paid Benefits/Premium). Eligible for STD the 1st day of the 4th month after date of hire. Eligible for LTD the 1st day of the following month after date of hire.
- Paid Sick Days: Accumulated at one (1) day per month to a maximum of 75 days.
- Paid Vacation: Fifteen (15) prorated days. (Additional days added for years of service--see Union Contract.)
- Holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Break (normally Christmas Eve Day through and including New Year's Day), New Year's Eve (11:00 pm shift). See Union contract for specifics.
- Personal Day: Up to three (3) days during the first year of employment, dependent upon hire date (see Contract): three (3) personal days granted per calendar year after first calendar year of employment.
- Tuition Remission: Undergraduate programs: 50% tuition remission (tuition only) after 90-day introductory period for employee, spouse and dependent children during first year of employment; 75% tuition remission during 2nd year and 100% 3rd year; Graduate Programs: 100% remission for employee only and 50% for spouse and dependent children. Doctoral Programs: Full-time staff, their spouse and dependent children can potentially receive a 30% discount on tuition for the Doctoral Program.
- Graduate remission taxable according to IRS Guidelines. University fees are not included in tuition remission. Tuition remission also does not include classes through Community Classes, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, experiential learning credits or study abroad programs.
- College Exchange Programs for Dependent Children: The University participates in the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) and Tuition Exchange Inc. (TE) tuition exchange programs. Dependent children (under 25) of full-time faculty and staff may be eligible to participate in one or both of these programs. Each program has its own unique requirements. Generally, if a dependent child is academically admitted in to the importing school and into an exchange program their tuition is covered by the program. Slots in each program are limited to one child per family in one of the above programs at one time. Please contact HR for each program's details and deadlines.
- Retirement Plan- Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA): Eligible the 1st of the month following hire. Does not include matching funds by the University. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS legal limits. University vendor is TIAA.
- Retirement Plan- GRA Retirement Plan (GRA): Eligible after one year of employment. Employee contributes 2%, 3%, 4%, or 5% of gross monthly salary; University contributes one and a half times the monthly employee contribution up to 5%. University vendor is TIAA.
- Employee will be automatically enrolled the month following 12 months of employment at the 5% contribution level with 7.5% University match in TIAA. We strongly encourage you to consult with a TIAA or other financial advisor to choose your investment options. Employee may choose to decline, or participate at a lower or higher contribution level by contacting Human Resources for corresponding form.
- Flexible Spending Program: Salary Reduction Program for medical, dependent care, and qualified transportation/parking expenses. (Employee deductions on a pre-tax basis)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance through One America: One America Voluntary Term Life Insurance offers additional life insurance coverage to employees, spouses, and dependents. This is an optional benefit and premiums are 100% paid by the employee through a post-tax payroll deduction. Enrolling in this voluntary life insurance benefit does not change your current employer-paid group life insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential counseling services for the employee and family members residing in household. Up to 6 visits per issue is covered by EAP solutions. www.eapsolutions.com
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage: Home purchase and sale discount at 10% off of gross commission. Seller/Buyer must sign an exclusive listing contract with a Howard Hanna broker. Register for free benefit at www.hannagoldadvantage.com or call 1-800-656-7356 X244. See Howard Hanna website for more details.
- PNC Bank-Workplace Banking: Employees are eligible for free checking accounts with no minimum balance, free PNC Bank VISA card with direct deposit from your monthly paycheck. There is a PNC ATM on campus. Contact your local PNC Bank Branch to set up your account and mention that you are an employee of the University.
- Liberty Mutual: As an employee of Point Park University, you qualify for a special group discount on your auto, home, and renter's insurance through Liberty Mutual's Auto and Home Insurance program. This unique program allows you to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at low group rates with a variety of convenient service and payment options. For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact at (412) 364-1130 ext. 54713 or customer service 1-800-208-3063.
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck into checking or savings account: to enroll, complete form and provide copy of voided check to the Payroll Department.
NOTE: This only represents a summary of the benefits package. A more detailed description appears in the Staff Handbook and in your union contract.