Full-time Secretarial/Clerical Union Employees
Local 1088 USW Benefits Summary
Point Park University is pleased to offer you the following package:
- Health Coverage: UPMC Health Plan EPO and PPO and Highmark Community Blue HMO. (Please see contribution scale for coverages.) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Double Health Coverage Waiver Option: Employee can elect to waive health insurance and receive a portion of the premium that the University would have paid for coverage. (This amount is announced each year by the University.) A signed waiver and proof of other insurance coverage must be provided.
- Vision Coverage: Highmark Vision which provides for Exam, frames and lenses and/or contacts once every year. There is a very moderate employee contribution for this coverage. Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Dental Coverage: United Concordia (DMO) & United Concordia Preferred (PPO) (Employee Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Life Insurance: Equal to annual salary, rounded up to nearest $1000 to a maximum of $100,000. (University Paid Premium) Eligible the 1st of the month following hire.
- Paid Sick Days: Accumulated at one (1) day per month in any calendar month in which the employee is paid for at least eleven (11) days; maximum of 75 days.
- Paid Vacation: Ten (10) prorated days. (Additional days added for years of service--see Union Contract.) Days are available for use after 90-day introductory day period.
- Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Break (normally from Christmas Eve Day through and including New Year's Day), plus two floating holidays
- Personal Day: One (1) or two (2) days during the first year of employment, dependent upon hire date (see Contract): two (2) personal days granted per calendar year after first calendar year of employment.
- Tuition Remission: Undergraduate programs: Full tuition remission (fees included) after 90-day introductory period for employee, spouse and dependent children; Graduate Programs: Tuition remission (tuition only) up to 6 credits after 90-day introductory period for employee, 50% tuition remission for spouse and dependent children; Graduate remission taxable according to IRS Guidelines. University fees are included in tuition remission per contract. Also, tuition remission does not include classes through Community Classes, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, experiential learning credits or study abroad programs.
- College Exchange Programs for Dependent Children: The University participates in the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) and Tuition Exchange Inc. (TE) tuition exchange programs. Dependent children (under 25) of full-time faculty and staff may be eligible to participate in one or both of these programs. Each program has it's own unique requirements. Generally, if a dependent child is academically admitted in to the importing school and into an exchange program their tuition is covered by the program. Slots in each program are limited to one child per family in one of the above programs at one time. Please contact HR for each program's details and deadlines.
- Retirement Plan- Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA): Eligible the 1st of the month following hire. Does not include matching funds by the University. Contributions withheld monthly on a pre-tax basis, up to IRS legal limits. University vendor is TIAA.
- Retirement Plan- GRA Retirement Plan (GRA): Eligible after one year of employment. Employee contributes 2%, 3%, 4%, or 5% of gross monthly salary; University contributes one and a half times the monthly employee contribution up to 5%. University vendor is TIAA.
- Employee will be automatically enrolled the month following 12 months of employment at the 5% contribution level with 7.5% University match in TIAA. We strongly encourage you to consult with a TIAA or other financial advisor to choose your investment options. Employee may choose to decline, or participate at a lower or higher contribution level by contacting Human Resources for corresponding form.
- Tax Free Bus Pass Program: A monthly bus pass can deducted on a pre-tax basis from your pay and the bus pass will be delivered with your paycheck. A form for this program is available during the New Hire Orientation.
- Flexible Spending Program: Salary Reduction Program for medical, dependent care, and qualified transportation/parking expenses. (Employee deductions on a pre-tax basis)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance through One America: One America Voluntary Term Life Insurance offers additional life insurance coverage to employees, spouses, and dependents. This is an optional benefit and premiums are 100% paid by the employee through a post-tax payroll deduction. Enrolling in this voluntary life insurance benefit does not change your current employer-paid group life insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential counseling services for the employee and family members residing in household. Up to 6 visits per issue is covered by EAP solutions. www.eapsolutions.com Organization/company code: point
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage: Home purchase and sale discount at 10% off of gross commission. Seller/Buyer must sign an exclusive listing contract with a Howard Hanna broker. Register for free benefit at www.hannagoldadvantage.com or call 1-800-656-7356 X244. See Howard Hanna website for more details.
- PNC Bank-Workplace Banking: Employees are eligible for free checking accounts with no minimum balance, free PNC Bank VISA card with direct deposit from your monthly paycheck. There is a PNC ATM on campus. Contact your local PNC Bank Branch to set up your account and mention that you are an employee of the University.
- Liberty Mutual: As an employee of Point Park University, you qualify for a special group discount on your auto, home, and renter's insurance through Liberty Mutual's Auto and Home Insurance program. This unique program allows you to purchase high-quality auto, home and renters insurance at low group rates with a variety of convenient service and payment options. For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact at (412) 364-1130 ext. 54713 and customer service 1-800-208-3063.
- Direct Deposit of Paycheck into checking or savings account: to enroll, complete form and provide copy of voided check to the Payroll Department.
NOTE: This only represents a summary of the benefits package. A more detailed description appears in the Staff Handbook and in your union contract.