Graduate Assistant - SAEM
Rowland School of Business Graduate Assistant – Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management Department
Position: Graduate Assistant – Rowland School of Business
Department: Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
Term of appointment: Beginning with the 2021-2022 academic year, assignment is for fall 2021 and spring 2022 terms. Renewable for additional term(s) based on need and performance. Twenty hours per week.
Salary: $10.00 per hour plus fully paid tuition.
Requirements: Undergraduate degree in business or related area; excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and computer skills; demonstrated research and writing skills (knowledge of APA style). Candidates should be able to complete assignments with minimal supervision. Applicants for the assistantship must be qualified for admission or already have been admitted into the M.B.A. program, and must commit to enroll in a minimum of nine (9) graduate credits per semester.
FUNCTION: Graduate assistant will report to the Department Chair/Assistant to the Chair/Dean, who determines work assignments based on the needs of the department and the talents and skills of the successful candidate. Work may be required during academic holiday periods.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of freshman shadowing program, which may include but is not limited to prospecting new partners, acting as the liaison between students and partners, and maintaining a consistent stream of communication to professors. The Graduate Assistant must also continue to update the partner database and create new signs ups and evaluations each semester.
- Maintain upkeep of the program’s alumni database through semester newsletters and surveys.
- Assist faculty in the preparation and attendance of field trips.
- Event coordination, planning, and support for the Emerging Trends in Sports Seminar each spring.
- Provide administrative support for the Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management Department.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required—in the past these have included undergraduate and graduate curriculum reviews, as well as the Pioneer Records charter proposal.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation and copies of your transcripts via email to sbresumes@PointPark.EDU (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Rowland School of Business
c/o Qiana Peoples
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - GRADUATE ASSISTANT - SAEM - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.