Administrative Assistant - Athletics
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree and or related work experience at an administrative level; minimum two years experience; excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong communication and organizational skills; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing support and assistance with administering the Department of Athletics.
- Assist the Director in gathering of information related to eligibility and preparing reports for the NAIA and RSC for the Director.
- Assist the Primary Woman Administrator by coordinating the mid-term progress report for Athletes.
- Coordinate processing of highly confidential material relating to scholarships, grades and medical information. (Must understand FERPA and HIPAA laws)
- Prepare confidential human resource and payroll requests as needed for all professional staff, general work personnel and University work study students.
- Provide effective departmental onboarding experience for new coaches, graduate assistants and work study students.
- Coordinate and maintain sport schedules for 18 sport teams.
- Create and manage correspondence of intercollegiate contracts for 18 sport teams.
- Obtain rosters from coaches; update roster information on a consistent basis; manage rosters in Jenzabar/JRM and scholarship excel lists.
- Manage and coordinate transportation for 18 sports teams which includes defining needs, developing schedules, securing buses, vans and drivers.
- Supervise work study and student athlete van drivers. (collaborate schedules, assign work, review Kronos timesheets, submission of confidential HR and payroll forms)
- Prepare and create reports via Jenzabar/JRM for coaches and administrators which contain admissions information, scholarship information, schedules, grades and transcripts, prospective athlete reports and recruit reports.
- Assist Director and coaches with coordination of budget information.
- Type memos, letters and other correspondence for administrators and coaches.
- Answer phones, take messages, channel calls to appropriate administrators, coaches and other University personnel and departments
- Coordinate reception desk duties; greet students, University personnel and the public; provide information, respond to inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Coordinate sites and arrangements for meetings and various other events.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - ATHLETICS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.