Benefits and University Insurance Coordinator
POSITION: Benefits and University Insurance Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President of HR and University Insurance
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree (preferably in human resources) or equivalent experience; two to three years of HR experience with employee benefits and claim processing. Strong service, communication and organizational skills, and ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, and students; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision. Experience with Employee Navigator, benefit enrollment system and Dayforce, human resources information system is a plus. Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and strictly confidential. Individual must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, team focused, work environment. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Administer and coordinate multiple functions in the Human Resources Office with emphasis on employment, employee benefits, insurance claims, training coordination, and payroll related data entry. Perform a variety of human resources functions, projects, report creation, new hire orientations, and miscellaneous duties related to benefits and insurance administration.
- Benefits Administration:
- Administers benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, employer health reimbursement account, COBRA and life insurance; to include analysis, quality assurance, and serving as day-to-day HR contact with benefit plan representatives and employees. Coordinates all administration including claims resolutions, approving invoices for payment, enrollment and processing changes, maintain employee communications on benefits.
- Check invoices for health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, employer health reimbursement accounts, and other benefit programs to verify that all personnel additions, deletions or changes are included; coordinate with Payroll Office; and resolve discrepancies with insurance carriers and benefits vendors.
- Approve enrollments, changes/additions/terminations in benefit programs; maintain relationship with benefit plan representatives, resolve problems as necessary.
- Assist with all new benefits plan design changes by coordinating with vendors, preparing communication materials, ensuring proper procedure and policy is in place, educating employees, implementing necessary administration and follow up, and providing employees with support with issues.
- Coordinates annual benefits enrollment period (medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, vision, dental plans and other benefit programs) and ensures timely completion of necessary changes.
- Familiar with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and assists in the tracking of employees for potential eligibility. Also, must be familiar with required governmental reporting requirements relating to the ACA.
2. Determine the appropriate amount of tuition remission and restrictions for all employees (according to job classification); complete and authorize University tuition remission request form and notify appropriate departments. Will also administer the Tuition Exchange programs offered by the University.
3. Be an active member of the University Employee Retirement Investment Committee and provide assistance relating to the Plans such as; loan/hardship approvals, processing auto enrollment notices at new hire orientations and coordination of deferral change forms.
4. Coordinate COBRA initial notification and termination notifications with third party: ensure that the reimbursement from the outside vendor is appropriately submitted to the business office and to the corresponding accounts.
5. Assists with the coordination of leave programs for the University for both Faculty and Staff. These programs include, FMLA, Short and Long Term Disability, General Leave of Absences.
6. Coordinate, maintain, and generate Human Resources-related files, records, and reports; maintain human resources information system and related files and records; generate reports, as needed.
7. Process HR documents such as new hire documents; check Human Resources authorization documents; ensure timely and accurate completion of I-9 documents.
8. Update benefits systems (Employee Navigator) with necessary personnel changes (including new hires, address changes, salary changes, etc.)
9. Assist with employee training efforts across a broad spectrum of Human Resources policies, benefits, and compliance related items (Sexual Harassment, Code of Conduct, etc.).
10. Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - BENEFITS/INSURANCE COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.