Position: Compliance Investigator
Department: Office of Compliance and Integrity
Reports to: Managing Director of Civil Rights/Title IX Coordinator
Primary Function: The Compliance Investigator will assist with the investigation, adjudication, and resolution of university complaints under the university’s Policies, including the policies on Discrimination and Harassment, the Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Relationship Violence and Stalking, and other University policies as necessary. The Compliance Investigator will also assist in designing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs relating to discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Working experience/knowledge of civil rights/Title IX investigations and/or student affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identities/expression
- Demonstrated understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Extensive, clear, and concise written and oral communication skills demonstrating excellent analysis and reasoning.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent objectives and projects, making effective judgments as to prioritizing, and time allocation
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional work experience at an institution of higher education.
- Recent certification or training in Title IX and/or civil rights investigations (e.g., ATIXA, NACUA).
- Experience with oral and visual presentations to small and large groups.
- Proficiency in the use of desktop tools for presentation, and email/calendar (i.e. Power Point, Outlook).
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: mediation and/or conflict resolution.
- Investigate and resolve formal and informal complaints alleging policy violations filed by students, faculty, and staff.
- Respond to basic inquiries from university administrators where interpretation of policies, advice, and consultation on the appropriate informal or formal resolution of complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment, and violence may be required.
- Some interaction with external review and internal processes for all complaints.
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of educational programs relating to discrimination and sexual harassment prevention, for university students, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinate specific aspects of external review and internal processes of complaints regarding discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Informally resolve issues and complaints as appropriate, including the use of mediation, restorative justice, and other facilitation techniques.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COMPLIANCE INVESTIGATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.