Coordinator of LGBTQ+ Initiatives
POSITION: Coordinator of LGBTQ+ Initiatives (Part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Equity and Inclusion
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Title IX, Equity & Inclusion
Bachelor’s Degree required – Student pursuing a master’s degree in Higher Education, Gender & Sexuality Studies, Counseling, or a related field preferred. Minimum three years related work experience within student affairs and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion as an undergraduate student or graduate student. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Progressive experience with LGBTQ+ programming/organizations and an understanding of diversity, inclusion, cultural awareness, gender equity, social justice, sexuality and gender identity. Ability to work to established deadlines. Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for co-facilitating the University-wide LGBTQ+ Safe Zone program, developing programming and event initiatives across campus, creating and updating LGBTQ+ resource materials, and advising/supporting students, faculty, and staff around LGBTQ+ topics. The position works in collaboration with students, faculty, and staff in the areas of programming and event planning, student organization support, and retention efforts at Point Park University.
- Co-facilitate the LGBTQ+ Safe Zone program which currently trains faculty, staff, student leaders, and additional community members at least once per academic semester. Expansion on training offerings each semester and during the summer.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and departments as a guest speaker on special topics surrounding LGBTQ+ education and awareness.
- Provide support, coordination, and advisement to LGBTQ+ student organizations and other campus efforts, such as student peer educators.
- Design, implement, and deliver educational programs to the campus community.
- Evaluate and assess the Campus Pride Index and set goals to further increase the Campus Pride Index score.
- Implementation and coordination of LGBTQ+ Lavender Graduation ceremony each academic year.
- Collaborate with campus constituents for Campus Pride Month activities such as Pride Week.
- Participation in University committees by providing a focus and a lens on LGBTQ+ topics and issues.
- Explore grant opportunities for LGBTQ+ initiatives and assist with grant writing.
- Provide administrative support for the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned by the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COORDINATOR OF LGBTQ+ INITIATIVES - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.