Donor Relations Officer
POSITION: Donor Relations Officer
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
REPORTS TO: Director of Annual Giving
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Donor Relations Officer reports to the Director of Annual Giving and is responsible for supporting a University-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. The position requires excellent collaborative skills to work with the Advancement Team, partners across the University, and external constituents. This position collaborates with the Director to support annual giving efforts, donor stewardship events and outreach, and external communications. This position is also back-up support for database needs. The Donor Relations Officer is an integral part of the University Advancement team.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience is required; higher education experience is preferred. Candidates with fundraising, event management, and writing experience will be given strong preference. Education/experience equivalents considered.
- Familiarity with the Association of Donor Relations Professionals (ADRP), the Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), the CASE Donor Bill of Rights, and the CASE Ethics Guidelines
- Well-developed customer-service orientation
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy in work, and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines at one time
- Understanding of philanthropy as it relates to higher education
- Ability to use discretion in working with confidential and sensitive data
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to detail and ability to relate to individuals at varying levels internally and externally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and integrated client database systems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Director on establishing a comprehensive annual giving program to include personal solicitations, direct mail, phonathons, giving days, online giving, and social media.
- Assist the Director with crowdfunding campaigns.
- In coordination with the Director, develop a comprehensive stewardship plan for all donors to the University including timely and meaningful gift acknowledgment, individualized stewardship plans, and donor engagement events in collaboration with the Director of Alumni & Donor Engagement.
- Design and manage the monthly E-News as well as semi-annual school E-News. Analyze open rates and implement beta testing as needed to increase engagement.
- In collaboration with the Director, assist the Athletics Department with engagement and annual giving work including the annual Athletics Weekend, Golf Outing, and Hall of Fame induction.
- Manage information tracking and acknowledgment processes regarding alumni and donors in the news and those featured on Point Park’s social media channels. Note important updates in the database, acquire new contact information when needed, and prepare acknowledgments to be signed by the team and sent out in collaboration with Social Media and Communications Officer.
- Work collaboratively with University Advancement staff to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, engage featured program participants, create programs, and program materials, prepare program scripts and participant remarks, and create and/or obtain donor awards and recognitions.
- Capture all connections and notes in the University Advancement shared drive and update the CRM database with event attendance and notes on interactions.
- Draft event briefing notes on attendees and capture updates in the CRM database.
- Manage event budgets and logistics collaboratively with the Director.
- Advise on and facilitate the recognition of donors in both print and web-based sources.
- Participate in the strategic and long-range planning for new initiatives and programs designed to enhance donor engagement.
- Serve as back-up support for CRM database needs.
- Event staffing, as needed.
- Perform other duties or special projects, as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DONOR RELATIONS OFFICER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.