Endpoint System Administrator
POSITION: Endpoint System Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Endpoint Administrator
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of this position is the day-to-day administration and support of all endpoint devices in use at Point Park University in conjunction with the User Services.
- Four-year degree in a Computer Science-related field from an accredited university preferred; two to five years’ experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; high self-motivation with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to apply troubleshooting best practices and technical expertise to solve complex technical problems.
- Experience supporting and configuring computer hardware, software, printers, and user accounts on both macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, ticketing systems, and Remote Support tools.
- Ability to perform basic repairs on computer hardware and printers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on a deadline.
- Knowledge and experience working with public safety systems that utilize cameras and door access a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SCCM – Create, update and deploy Windows images for staff and computer labs. Create applications for deployment with these images, as well as user installation through SCCM application catalog.
- JAMF - Create, update and deploy Macintosh images for staff and computer labs. Create applications for deployment with these images, as well as user installation.
- Software – Responsible for packaging, testing, maintaining, and licensing all software titles on campus.
- Patch Management – Create and maintain a process for testing and releasing software patches and updates.
- Printers – Maintain and update public printer environment and troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Work with Endpoint Team on ideas for improvements and upgrades to existing frameworks and workflows.
- Act as an escalation point for Help Desk when necessary.
- Create detailed documentation for all relevant workflows.
- Administration of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Act as technical liaison to the infrastructure and systems administration teams.
- Occasionally work a mixed shift including both evenings and weekends to minimize disruptions to the University community while also meeting deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ENDPOINT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.