Patron Services Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Producer
DEPARTMENT: Pittsburgh Playhouse
Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in theatre or related field and a minimum two years’ experience in theatre operations, event management, and/or working with the public; people skills a must; Ability to think quickly and solve problems in an instant to ensure the comfort of patrons; highly organized and detail oriented; Ability to work well with and supervise others as well as work independently, and lead apprenticeship, work study, and front of house employees. Responsible for reporting any facility issues during ticketed events. The scope of the job requires evening and/or weekend hours.
Responsible for ensuring that the patrons of the PIttsburgh Playhouse have a safe, relaxed and pleasant experience in the University performing venues. Also responsible for the coordination and direction of front-of-the-house (FOH) operations in preparation for and during all scheduled ticketed events, and occasionally non-ticketed events, in the Playhouse and George Rowland White Dance Complex. Community liaison to develop and partner with members of the Downtown Pittsburgh community.
The position requires prolonged standing, frequent bending or stooping and climbing of steps and possibly ladders.
- Responsible for the comfort and safety of users of the current facilities including patrons, Point Park University students, faculty and staff by providing prompt, courteous service as the primary patron relations link.
- Coordinate, hire, train FOH workers and direct all FOH operations for all Playhouse performance events and provide monthly schedule.
- Active engagement and leadership development in your individual position is integral to the overall health of our organization. this will be reviewed and defined with your supervisor to set individual goals. The Playhouse encourages employees to take personal responsibility and pride in their work.
- Train, schedule, supervise, and verify time sheets for all FOH employees as well as provide feedback for production credit. Attend crew meetings as needed.
- Maintain ADA compliancy and assist patrons with accommodating service animals, assisted listening devices, wheel chair seating, etc.
- Coordinate with building security and university police for theatre operation hours and events.
- Responsible for overseeing building housekeeping services, including inspection of the public areas from curb to start of stage before performances.
- Relay information pertaining to maintenance and housekeeping as needed via nightly FOH reports.
- Maintain order and respond appropriately in the event of an emergency, fire response, accidents, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PATRON SERVICES MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.