POSITION: Payroll Assistant
REPORTS TO: Payroll Manager
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Non-Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Accurately perform a variety of payroll, and other related administrative duties in support of Payroll Office.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum two years payroll experience required; Bachelor’s degree or additional payroll experience preferred; experience in an academic setting a plus; strong communication and organizational skills;, ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision; strong attention to detail required. Experience with Ceridian/Dayforce payroll, human resources information system preferred. demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Strict confidentiality is required.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:30AM –4:30pm
- Maintain confidential Payroll records, files and information including employee personal information.
- Review HR data entry of new hires; complete entry adding payroll information such as salary, taxes, direct deposits and payroll deductions.
- Accurately check bi-weekly time sheets in payroll system, resolve all time-entry issues consulting with employees or managers as needed.
- Process payroll transactions per internal transaction request form (HR2). Consult with managers for discrepancies/clarifications as needed.
- Preparation of and data entry for uploads of payroll stipend payments into payroll system.
- Experience with gross to net payroll.
- Process employment verifications.
- Assist employees, students, and other visitors to the Respond to payroll-related inquiries.
- Assist in the drafting and distribution of all office communications.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end payroll functions.
- Cross train for other payroll processes.
- Perform other payroll related duties as assigned or required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PAYROLL ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.