Production Manager - Pittsburgh Playhouse
POSITION: Production Manager
DEPARTMENT: Pittsburgh Playhouse
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President & Managing Director of the Pittsburgh Playhouse
The Production Manager for the Pittsburgh Playhouse is responsible for supervising and coordinating the production department and production facilities of the Pittsburgh Playhouse including all uses of stage and related equipment in the venues. In addition, the Production Manager oversees the production sequence for all events and produced work. The Production Manager may teach as an overload consistent with Point Park University policies.
- At least three years of experience in theatrical/events production management for either professional theatres, medium/large presenting venues or both.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical theatre systems
- Strong organizational and financial skills.
- Able to create and maintain budgets
- Understanding of University policies and processes.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially.
- Ability to seek out answers from a wide variety of choices and apply the solution correctly.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a BA or equivalent years of professional experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic: Develop and implement plans for operation of building technical systems. Research physical resource needs, recommend and make purchases. Analyze, research, identify strategic needs, and allocate resources appropriately (10%)
- Operations: Develop, monitor, and enforce production schedules. Direct the technical production sequence to successful conclusions. Provide supervision to all production areas to insure quality productions with available resources. (35%)
- Operations: Collaborate with other members of the Playhouse team to assure timelines and needs are met. Collaborate with Playhouse staff, university and community users, outside rentals, and touring productions. Respond to requests by staff, users, and volunteers for assistance with a variety of technical related projects. (20%)
- Resource Management: Effectively monitor all Pittsburgh Playhouse production budgets and expenditures, create technical production calendar, and advise on overall feasibility of production. (10%)
- Organizational and Human Resource: Supervise production department heads and insure all direct reports are clear on individual performance goals and expectations. (15%)
- Operations: Mentor production students. (10%)
- Additional related duties as assigned.
Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1-10 lbs) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1-10 lbs).
Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PRODUCTION MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.