Event Technician (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Center for Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Supervisors for Media Services
- Expertise with digital cameras (still and video), LCD projectors, & other audio/visual equipment required.
- Experience with sound and lighting necessary.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- The ability to be effective while handling multiple projects and requests.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Must be available to work varied shifts. Night and weekend availability is a must.
- Prior work experience in Media Services or multimedia/audio visual lab.
- Knowledge and experience with Videoconferencing Technology (i.e. Polycom)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The ability to independently and correctly set up, teardown, and troubleshoot, assist, and staff various types of audio visual equipment for a variety of different campus events and meetings. To communicate with technical and non-technical people professionally.
- Set up and tear down of equipment for a wide range of events and meetings from student activities to VIP customers.
- Staff and assist with wide range of events and meetings to support university-sponsored events on campus.
- Troubleshoot a variety of audio and visual problems and ability to offer suitable replacement in a timely manner.
- Train student workers in delivering, setting up, and striking various sets for events and meetings.
- Assist and train faculty and students using equipment for small meetings and events.
- Supervise office in the absences of manager or coordinator
- Assist manager with various projects and trainings.
- Assist with classroom deliveries of equipment.
- Offer phone support to callers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PT EVENT TECHNICIAN - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.