Position is responsible for providing reference services, supervising student workers, general library operations and assisting in library related projects.
- Relevant experience in an academic library.
- Completion or current enrollment in an accredited MLIS program preferred.
- Library research techniques
- Knowledge of library organization principles
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of personal computers and electronic resources
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Providing reference services and information about the Library’s collections, services, and policies.
- Supporting Library staff in such services as library research, circulation operations, acquisitions, and cataloging.
- Supervising student workers
- Other library-related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - REFERENCE ASSOCIATE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.