Scheduling & Event Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Conference & Events Services
REPORT TO: Director, Conference & Event Services
The Conference & Event Services Scheduling and Event Coordinator will provide professional expertise and direction in the planning and execution of departmental and external events as well as other related functions. The coordinator will ensure accurate and timely event scheduling, online event registrations, and digital signage coordination. The Scheduling and Event Coordinator will maintain the highest level of professional standards in keeping with the University’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three years professional related work experience
- Ability to master technology quickly
- Ability to follow directives and work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure
- Willingness and ability to work irregular hours including some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Be on call as needed
- Detail oriented
- Follow established policies and procedures for the scheduling of conferences and events
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationships with coworkers, vendors, municipal offices, service contractors and the public
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to address complex issues utilizing a clear, thoughtful manner to come to a resolution quickly without jeopardizing the event or relationships with people involved
- Receive, schedule, and confirm customer requests through Astra Scheduler
- Update the Astra scheduling system as necessary
- Provide office administrative support when necessary. This includes, but not limited to: Generating all departmental reports weekly, biweekly and monthly; Assist with maintaining the department content management system for the University Web Page; Update events calendar; Report any maintenance items through the work ticket system; Maintain the front office and ensure the office is adequately supplied with materials (paper, supplies, letterhead, etc.).
- Coordinate with departments/student services in order to obtain event information in a timely manner
- Generate event summaries, room diagrams, agendas and timelines using department templates
- Ensure all event documents are submitted accurately and timely according to department standards and guidelines
- Offer creative ideas and suggestions to customers with special event requests
- Coordinate meetings and act as a liaison between internal/external customers and other service departments
- Oversee event set-up and day of activities to ensure successful event execution
- Anticipate the needs of each event/project and ensure completion on schedule as assigned
- Attend weekly meetings as scheduled
- Receive External Event Requests, gather initial details and prepare report in coordination with the CES Director.
- Coordinate web-based content management digital displays
- Copy, edit, and proofread digital signage content to ensure all content meets the established brand and University standards and is consistent with other event data and the University calendar
- Assist when necessary with event registration form creation and generating weekly reports.
- Assist supervisor with special projects, major university events (Convocation, Graduate Hooding, & Commencement), and other duties as assigned by Director
- Work in a front-line position with frequent interruptions and changes
- Report any maintenance items
- Maintain files for all events including pertinent information for future reference
- Monitors budget and expenditures for assigned events, verify invoices and collect funds from university and non-university sponsored events
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SCHEDULING/EVENT COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.