POSITION: Studio Technician (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Center for Media Innovation
REPORTS TO: Director, Center for Media Innovation
- One to three years relevant experience in video or broadcast production as well as experience with video, audio and lighting equipment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- The ability to be effective while handling multiple projects and requests.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To assist in the day-to-day operations of Point Park's Center for Media Innovation. Work with the Sr. Studio Technician and other Studio Technicians to manage daily requests, technical issues and external client projects. The successful candidate must have a sense of urgency and high energy level. A prime emphasis will be placed on the development of customer service and production skills to satisfy the needs of both internal and external clients.
- Provide technical support to faculty, external groups, and students with issues outside of the Center for Media Innovation. This includes various "Help Desk" tasks ranging from helping with a post on Squarespace to troubleshooting a computer remotely.
- Assist in remote productions using programs like Streamlabs OBS, OBS, Adobe Creative Cloud and Zoom to record, edit and deliver fully remote content.
- Record content in the field using the Center's video camera, still camera or microphones and package it for an external client or internal project.
- Help organize productions and prioritize work to fit the client's needs.
- Perform basic maintenance, repoairs, and cleaning of studio equipment.
- Maintain daily documentation and procedural information.
- Supervise and train Studio Assistant work-studies on use of equipment and procedures.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and report unresolved issues to management.
- Wear appropriate dress according to the University's dress code.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to climb ladders to a minimum height of 12 feet; must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PT STUDIO TECHNICIAN - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.