POSITION: System Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services, IT Infrastructure
REPORTS TO: Team Lead, IT Infrastructure
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of this position is to manage the University's on-prem server systems, cloud services, and backup support of Microsoft 365 environment. This will include administration, systems integration, threat analysis and compliance initiatives as well as project management of systems related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience in information science, computer science, or related plus 3 years (5 years, preferred) professional experience in system administration
- Experience administering Windows and Linux servers in an enterprise environment using server virtualization platforms
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 or similar platforms
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, or other comparable languages
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts including IP addressing, DNS, and DHCP
- Ability to develop and write documentation and guides for technical users.
- Experience with data backup and recovery
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee backup of University data including on on-prem systems as well as cloud platforms (20%)
- Manage VMware server virtualization environment across two data centers. Ensure replication of data between sites for disaster recovery purposes. (20%)
- Provide secondary support of Microsoft 365 environment (5%)
- Work on campus to manage physical systems infrastructure including installation and management of physical server hardware (10%)
- Manage Active Directory infrastructure including provision of servers, replication, DFS, and object permissions (15%)
- Automate various system administration tasks using Powershell scripting (10%)
- Regularly review risk reporting with IT Infrastructure team and implement improvements as necessary (10%)
- Provide level 3 support for issues escalated from IT Helpdesk (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned (5%)
Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.