REPORTS TO: Director of IT Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience in information science, computer science, or related plus 3 years (5 years, preferred) professional experience in system administration
- Experience administering Windows and Linux servers in an enterprise environment using server virtualization platforms
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 or similar platforms
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, or other comparable languages
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts including IP addressing, DNS, and DHCP
- Ability to develop and write documentation and guides for technical users.
The primary function of this position is to manage the University’s Microsoft 365 environment, related cloud services, and on-prem server systems. This will include administration, systems integration, threat analysis and compliance initiatives as well as working to leverage additional functionality in these platforms in order to work more efficiently as an organization.
- Collaborate with Risk Management and Procurement to maintain compliance standards through configuration of the Microsoft 365 environment
- Manage eDiscovery and data loss prevention tools for Microsoft 365 and other University server systems.
- Research and gain familiarity with Microsoft 365 to assist others in using the various applications within the platform.
- Manage user account lifecycle including account synchronization scripts, local AD to Microsoft 365 replication, and user access control.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft 365 and on-prem AD single sign-on.
- Work on campus to manage physical systems infrastructure including installation and management of physical server hardware.
- Provide occasional off-hours support through participation in on-call rotation.
- Manage email system including Microsoft 365 and on-prem servers.
- Automate various system administration tasks using Powershell scripting.
- Regularly review risk reporting; recommend and implement security improvements as necessary.
- Support other members of IT Infrastructure in the completion of system administration projects, acting as project contributor.
- Provide Level 3 support for issues escalated from the IT Help Desk.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.