Social Media Speakers Series Announced Thursday, September 11, 2014
Pictured above: School of Communication alumna Rachel Carlson is the featured presenter on Oct. 21. Read Rachel's alumni profile to learn more about how her Point Park experience prepared her for her career.
Point Park University's School of Communication announces a series of talks by social media experts representing Pittsburgh-based businesses and non-profit organizations.
According to Heather Starr Fiedler, Ph.D., associate professor of multimedia, the social media speaker series is an opportunity for students in advanced social media classes to "hear from a variety of professionals in the field not only as a way to learn more about the scope of social media careers but also to make some important networking connections within the region before they graduate."
The public is invited to attend at no charge. Each talk will begin at 2:45 p.m. in Academic Hall room 608. The following speakers will present:
- Sept. 16: Levi Hahn, Animal Rescue League
- Sept. 23: Brandi Smith, Smith Brothers Agency
- Sept. 30: Chris Hays and Katy Albert, Blender Advertising
- Oct. 21: Alumna Rachel Carlson, Yelp! Pittsburgh
- Nov. 4: Chris Vella, Lunametrics
- Nov. 11: Deanna Tomaselli, Rue 21 and Ellevate Network
- Dec. 2 (2:30 p.m.): Kate Sundy-Hong, Brooke Breon, Nicole Filosemi and Katie Vojko, 4Moms