Point Park's School of Education Launches New Special Education Degree Friday, June 4, 2021
Point Park University's School of Education is now accepting applications for Fall 2021 and beyond for its new Bachelor of Arts in Education leading to Pennsylvania certification in special education for PreK through 12th grade.
This stand-alone special education degree is perfect for aspiring educators who wish to teach children with learning, intellectual, physical, multiple, health, emotional and sensory disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders.
Taught by faculty with real-world experience in the field, some of the courses in this program include:
- Special Education and Inclusive Practices
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Instructional/Assistive Technology and Universal Design
- High Incidence Disabilities/Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Evidence Based Effective Instruction: Low Incidence Disabilities
- Intensive Reading, Writing, and Math Interventions
- Secondary Transitions
Learn more about this new program on our website.