Dean, Rowland School of Business
- Bachelor of Science, Business, Duquesne University
- Juris Doctorate, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Business
- Career Preparation
- Legal Aspects of Sports, Arts and Entertainment
- Senior Seminar in SAEM
In his role as dean of the Rowland School of Business, Stephen Tanzilli, J.D., has broad oversight of all academic programs including information technology, management and accounting as well as the sports, arts and entertainment management program which includes such innovative learning efforts as a dedicated classroom at Stage AE on Pittsburgh’s North Shore and the Pioneer Records label.
Specializing in sports management, Tanzilli is the founder of the SAEM program at Point Park University, in which he served as a professor for 14 years and chair for four years. Tanzilli also ran his own sports talent agency called Sports Legends Group, a full-service marketing, finance and law firm for professional athletes and celebrities. He has worked with players from the Pittsburgh Steelers as well as other high profile clients. His background also includes 12 years of experience with 141 Worldwide Sports and Entertainment where he worked in close contact with high-end clients on a daily basis such as Coca-Cola, 84 Lumber, Sunoco, TOPPS, ESPN, and Kraft Foods.
In addition, Tanzilli has worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Johnston Steel Baseball Club, International Sports Marketing and Communicator Sports Marketing. He also served as director of marketing for the Pittsburgh Triathlon and the Pittsburgh Adventure Race and development and marketing director for the Ryan Clark Cure League.
- Pittsburgh Downtown YMCA
- Friends of the Riverfront
- PA Environmental Council
- Allegheny Alumni of Harvard, Yale and Princeton Club
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
In the News
- "Point Park University changes name, adds program," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, April 18, 2017.
- "Point Park names business school," Pittsburgh Business Times, April 18, 2017.
- "Point Park renames business school for largest benefactors," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 18, 2017.
- "Brentwood grad Martin focuses on front-end analytics," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, June 29, 2016.
- "Steve Tanzilli: Leading Point Park University Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management Program," Dave Mastovich Podcast, April 27, 2016.
- "Point Park Students Mix Business & Music Through New Record Label," NakYouOut.com, March 31, 2015.
- "Point Park students developing record label," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 1, 2015.
- "Point Park University's Pioneer Records Primes Students for Careers in Music," WHIRL magazine, Jan. 23, 2015.
- "YouTube stars attract millions of fans with quirky content," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Dec. 5, 2014.
- "Point Park University Experimenting With Google Glass High-Tech Specs," KDKA-TV, April 29, 2014.
- "Lemieux name invaluable to UPMC's planned Cranberry sports complex," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
- "Veteran Concert Promoter Introduces Students to the Profession," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 14, 2012.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Sold Out Already," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 16, 2011.
- "Students to Learn from Stage AE," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Feb. 10, 2011.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Entries Nearly Double," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 25, 2009.
Point Park Features
- "Point Park University Announces the Naming of the Rowland School of Business," Point Park University website, April 18, 2017.
- "SAEM High School Workshop Takes Students on Backstage Tour of Benedum Center, Stage AE," Point Park University website, Aug. 5, 2015.
- "High School Students Taking SAEM 101 Class Raise Over $43k for Pediatric Cancer Research," Point Park University website, April 24, 2015.
- "Point Park Launches a New Artist and New Label, Pioneer Records," The Point, Winter 2015 issue.
- "Associate Professor and Chair Presents at Sport Management Conference," Point Park Universitiy website, May 30, 2014.
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus," Point Park University website, Dec. 11, 2013.
- "Renowned Psychologist Talks to SAEM Class About the Business of Sports Psychology," Point Park University website, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "SAEM Program Immerses Business Students in Real-World Education," The Point, Fall 2012 issue.
- "Prospective Students Tour Stage AE at SAEM Workshop," Point Park University website, July 26, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Raise $20,000 at Glitzburgh 2011," Point Park University website, June 29, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Will Have Classes at Stage AE Concert Venue," Point Park University website, Feb. 22, 2011.
- "High School Students Get Crash Course in SAEM Program," Point Park University website, July 30, 2010.