Associate Professor, Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
Chair, SAEM department
- Bachelor of Science, Business, Duquesne University
- Juris Doctorate, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Business
- Career Preparation
- Legal Aspects of Sports, Arts and Entertainment
- Senior Seminar in SAEM
Specializing in sports management, Tanzilli is the chair and founder of the SAEM department at Point Park University. In addition to his directing and teaching duties, he runs his own sports talent agency called Sports Legends Group, a full-service marketing, finance and law firm for professional athletes and celebrities. Tanzilli has worked with players from the Pittsburgh Steelers as well as other high profile clients. His background also includes 12 years of experience with 141 Worldwide Sports and Entertainment where he worked in close contact with high-end clients on a daily basis such as Coca-Cola, 84 Lumber, Sunoco, TOPPS, ESPN, and Kraft Foods. In addition, Tanzilli has worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Johnston Steel Baseball Club, International Sports Marketing, and Communicator Sports Marketing. He has served as director of marketing for the Pittsburgh Triathlon and the Pittsburgh Adventure Race for the past five years and currently is the development and marketing director for the Ryan Clark Cure League.
- Pittsburgh Downtown YMCA
- Friends of the Riverfront
- PA Environmental Council
- Allegheny Alumni of Harvard, Yale and Princeton Club
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
In the News
- "YouTube stars attract millions of fans with quirky content," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Dec. 5, 2014.
- "Point Park University Experimenting With Google Glass High-Tech Specs," KDKA-TV, April 29, 2014.
- "Lemieux name invaluable to UPMC's planned Cranberry sports complex," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
- "Veteran Concert Promoter Introduces Students to the Profession," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Sept. 14, 2012.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Sold Out Already," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, July 16, 2011.
- "Students to Learn from Stage AE," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Feb. 10, 2011.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Entries Nearly Double," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, July 25, 2009.
Point Park Features
- "Associate Professor and Chair Presents at Sport Management Conference," Point Park Universitiy website, May 30, 2014.
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus," Point Park University website, Dec. 11, 2013.
- "Renowned Psychologist Talks to SAEM Class About the Business of Sports Psychology," Point Park University website, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "SAEM Program Immerses Business Students in Real-World Education," The Point, Fall 2012 issue.
- "Prospective Students Tour Stage AE at SAEM Workshop," Point Park University website, July 26, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Raise $20,000 at Glitzburgh 2011," Point Park University website, June 29, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Will Have Classes at Stage AE Concert Venue," Point Park University website, Feb. 22, 2011.
- "High School Students Get Crash Course in SAEM Program," Point Park University website, July 30, 2010.