Associate Professor, Sport, Arts and Entertainment Management
Director, SAEM program
- Bachelor of Science, Business, Duquesne University
- Juris Doctorate, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sport, Arts and Entertainment Business
- Career Preparation
- Legal Aspects of Sport, Arts and Entertainment
- Senior Seminar in SAEM
Tanzilli is the director and founder of the SAEM program and specializes in sports management. In addition to his directing and teaching duties, he runs his own sports talent agency called Sports Legends Group, a full-service marketing, finance and law firm for professional athletes and celebrities. Tanzilli has worked with players from the Pittsburgh Steelers as well as other high profile clients. His background also includes 12 years of experience with 141 Worldwide Sports and Entertainment where he worked in close contact with high-end clients on a daily basis such as Coca-Cola, 84 Lumber, Sunoco, TOPPS, ESPN, and Kraft Foods. In addition, Tanzilli has worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Johnston Steel Baseball Club, International Sports Marketing, and Communicator Sports Marketing. He has served as director of marketing for the Pittsburgh Triathlon and the Pittsburgh Adventure Race for the past five years and currently is the development and marketing director for the Ryan Clark Cure League.
- Pittsburgh Downtown YMCA
- Friends of the Riverfront
- PA Environmental Council
- Allegheny Alumni of Harvard, Yale and Princeton Club
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
In the News
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
- "Veteran Concert Promoter Introduces Students to the Profession," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Sept. 14, 2012.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Sold Out Already," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, July 16, 2011.
- "Students to Learn from Stage AE," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, Feb. 10, 2011.
- "Pittsburgh Triathlon Entries Nearly Double," Pittsburgh Tribune Review, July 25, 2009.
Point Park Features
- "SAEM Program Immerses Business Students in Real-World Education," The Point, Fall 2012 issue.
- "Prospective Students Tour Stage AE at SAEM Workshop," Point Park University website, July 26, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Raise $20,000 at Glitzburgh 2011," Point Park University website, June 29, 2011.
- "SAEM Students Will Have Classes at Stage AE Concert Venue," Point Park University website, Feb. 22, 2011.
- "High School Students Get Crash Course in SAEM Program," Point Park University website, July 30, 2010.