Master the Health Care Field With a Fully Online Degree That Fits Your Schedule
At Point Park University, we recognize the needs of today's working professionals and are offering one of the first fully online graduate programs in health care administration and management in the Pittsburgh region.
Our 36-credit online Master of Science in health care administration and management equips current health care professionals — and those seeking a new career in the health care field — with the tools and skills needed to successfully plan, direct and coordinate medical and health services.
"Archish Maharaja, Ed.D., educates professionals and patients in health care management." Read the story and check out Maharaja's bio page.
Key benefits of our program include:
- Convenient class scheduling
- Affordable costs ($550 per credit tuition)
- Opportunity for degree completion in as little as 18 months (six semesters)
Meet the Growing Demand for Health Care Managers
The rapidly aging American population and overall expansion of health care have created an increase in demand for highly-trained professionals to manage our country's health care centers and services. As the health care industry expands, opportunities for management, consulting and executive-level positions will continue to grow.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Jobs in medical and health services management are expected to grow 23 percent (faster than the average for all occupations) by 2022.
- In 2012, $88,580 was the median pay for medical and health service managers.
- Managers have the potential to earn more than $150,000 with a master's degree and years of experience.
Health care managers must stay on the forefront of changes in health care laws, regulations and technology. Point Park's M.S. program offers a rigorous curriculum of quantitative and qualitative classes integrating theoretical learning, scholarly research and case analysis in national and global health care policies and practices.
Some of the courses in our M.S. program include:
- Accounting for Health Care Managers
- Health Economics
- Financial Management of Health Systems
- Marketing and Strategic Planning in Health Care
- Global Health Care Administration and Management
- Ethics and Leadership for Health Care Managers
To learn more about the courses offered and the program's objectives , check out the degree requirements.
Additionally, students in the program are required to:
- Prepare and present a capstone project addressing a real-world problem in the health care field.
- Build a portfolio showcasing their knowledge, skills and experience as a way to help them enter or advance in the health care career field.
Our professors have worked in diverse health care settings as administrators, consultants, executives and clinical managers. Based on their real-world experiences, they offer in-depth instruction on concepts such as the economics of health care, how government regulations affect health care administration, health care informatics and more.
With a master’s degree in health care administration and management, you will have the option to pursue various positions in government, nonprofit and private health care organizations, such as:
- Clinical manager
- Health care consultant
- Health information manager
- Health insurance manager
- Home health agency manager
- Hospital administrator
- Pharmaceutical company manager
- Physician group practice manager
- Nursing home administrator
- Research facility supervisor