The Point Park News Service welcomed Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists Barbara Laker and Wendy Ruderman to campus to tell the story about their investigative reporting series. More: Journalists discuss investigative series with students.
You are creative. You are driven. Get your career started on day one by joining student media, clubs, and organizations!
School of Communication Professional Outlets
- Point Park News Service operates as a wire service, drawing content from across the School's curriculum and offering it to local and regional media outlets.
- Wood Street Communications offers high-level public relations and advertising solutions to non-profit organizations in the Pittsburgh area.
Clubs and Organizations
- Center for Media Innovation (the New York City-Style media hub includes TV, radio and photo studios, a multimedia newsroom and a transformational presentation/gallery space.)
- Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing (the center brings leading executives from all facets of the sports and entertainment industries to the Point Park campus to speak at workshops and seminars.)
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Advertising Federation
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- National Press Photographers Association
- Broadcast Education Association