Summer Dance Workshop July 20 to July 31, 2020
The Summer Dance Workshop is a two-week dance Intensive designed to build students' technique, etiquette, and choreography comprehension. The curriculum includes daily technique classes in ballet, jazz and modern. Students must choose a speciality class each week in either pointe, tap or strengthening.
To participate in this exciting program, students must be 10 to 18 years old. Although no audition is required, students must be familiar with basic dance terms and techniques. We welcome students who are at a beginner, intermediate, or advanced level. Unfortunately, if this is your first time dancing, we recommend another program more suitable for your needs.
If a student selects pointe for their speciality class, they must have prior experience. We will not be covering the fundamentals. Students must have and bring their own pointe shoes to class each day.
No prior experience required. Students must have and bring their own tap shoes to class each day.
No prior experience required. Students are encouraged to bring their own sneakers to class each day.
Please Note: If an instructor feels that a student is not at a appropriate level (for any class), they will be asked to try another class. Please understand that we value your safety and this process is necessary to prevent injury.
Day 1: Monday, July 20th, Check-In + Orientation:
* Parents are welcome to stay through orientation but cannot watch students during placements or class.
Day 2 - Day 10: Classes run Monday through Friday
* We offer a live accompanist for ballet and pointe classes.
A more detailed schedule will be coming soon!
The Summer Dance Workshop is held in state-of-the-art studios with extra high ceilings. Our complex is a Gold LEED-certified building and one of the few green arts facilities in the region. Studios are equipped with Marley covered sprung floors to prevent injuries to bones, joints and muscles. Grand pianos and state-of-the-art sound systems are also provided.
|1 Week (July 20 - July 24)||$500.00|
|2 Weeks (July 20 - July 31)||$995.00|
Emma Stefanik - Ambridge, PA
"I enjoy coming back to this Dance Workshop each year because it's a great environment to learn and dance in. Also the teachers are super nice and they are also very helpful!"
- Running late, need an early dismissal or missing the day? The safety of each student is very important to us. We take roll at every class and if your child is missing, we worry. Parents let us know by calling 412-392-3457.
- To review our dress code, please visit HERE.
- Students will be required to complete a Participation Agreement before the start of camp. If a student fails to complete this form, they will NOT be allowed to participate.
- Stay hydrated! We recommend packing a refillable water bottle.
(Include “Dance Workshop” in the subject line of emails)