Updated: June 20, 2019
Consent to Leave Campus with Temporary Guardian for Parents of a Resident Minor
(Guardian Must Be Age 24 or Older Regardless of Relationship)
Submit this request by EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org) 24 hours in Advance and before 4 p.m.
Monday through Friday for each specific request. No request can be processed during a weekend since
the office will be closed. A Resident Parent will call you to confirm all requests.
End of Program Check-Out
- The last day of class for students in 3 weeks will be Saturday, July 6, 2019 - Saturday classes end at 2 p.m.
- The last day of class for students in 6 weeks will be Saturday, July 27, 2019 - Performance is at 2 p.m. and will end at 4 p.m.
Our Commitment to International Students: International Student Welcome Letter
Resident Check-In: Sunday, June 16, 2019
Resident students should report to the first floor of Academic Hall (via Third Avenue entrance), Sunday, June 16, between the hours of 11 am and 3 p.m. for check in. Students unable to arrive during the above times are asked to email (email@example.com) the office and report your estimated time of arrival. When you arrive, stop at the front desk of Academic Hall and say, "You are here to check in for Summer Dance". The desk assistant will contact someone to help or provide you with your room key.
Point Park does not pick-up or drop-off students at the airport or bus terminal. The Pittsburgh International Airport has many methods of safe transportation. Most students use Super Shuttle: http://www.supershuttle.com
Students arriving by bus can take a taxi or uber from the Greyhound Bus terminal to the University.
The address to Point Park University is 201 Wood Street, Pittsburgh.
3-week students should check out of their resident rooms on Saturday, July 6, 2019 after 3 p.m. However, due to schedule and airfare conflicts, students can check out Friday evening or Saturday morning if needed.
6-week resident students can check out of their rooms on Saturday, July 27, 2019 in the morning before noon or after 5 p.m.
Note: There is a Saturday matinée performance at 2 p.m. for six-week students. All students performing will be required to be at the theater from noon until 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 27, 2019. Please schedule airfares after 6 p.m.
There will be a $50 charge for each student who does not clean their rooms before departure: Moving Out Checklist
Letters and packages can be sent to the student's name in care of:
Point Park Summer Dance
Hall Name and Room Number
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Resident Students will reside in either Conestoga or Pioneer Halls
Conestoga Hall is a seven-story building that houses approximately 90 students. Conestoga also has a wireless lounge. Pioneer Hall is a seven-story building that houses approximately 70 students. Pioneer has a wireless student lounge and vending machines on the bottom level.
Your suite has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchenette. It is carpeted and has mini-blinds and air conditioning. There is one ethernet connection per person and one cable jack in each bedroom, as well as an ethernet connection and a cable jack in the living room. Free washers and dryers are located on each floor of Conestoga and Pioneer Hall. Students are responsible for supplying their own detergent.
Each Suite Contains:
- 1 Single bed frame & mattress per person
- 1 Desk and chair per person
- 1 Dresser per person
- 1 free-standing wardrobe per person
- Cable jacks per room (Coaxial Cable not included)
- 1 Ethernet jack per room (Ethernet cable not included)
What You Need to Bring
- Linens, Blankets and Pillows (standard twin sheets)
- Towels and Washcloths
- Laundry Bag / Basket, and Detergent
- Shower curtain & hooks (need one per bathroom)
- Clothes Hangers
- Toilet Paper
- Kitchen supplies, paper plates, utensils, cups, etc.
- Small waste can or garbage bags
Optional Items to bring:
- TV Coaxial Cable (1 cable jack per bedroom and living room area)
- Computers & Ethernet jack (students must bring their own Ethernet cable)
- Room Décor
- Drying Rack (for those “wash in the sink” clothes)
- Over-the-Door Hangers
- High quality mattress pad – Linens and pillows
- Hot Plates / George Forman Grill
Living rooms include:
A couch, chair, entertainment center, coffee table, end table, dining table and 2 dining chairs.
Your kitchenette comes with: sink, microwave, half-size refrigerator, table, and two chairs.
Candles / Incense (fire hazard), Drug Paraphernalia (it is illegal in Pennsylvania to possess, even for display only), Illegal Drugs, Weapons of any kind or type (even for display purposes), Explosives / Fireworks, Pets, Waterbed / Water Chair, Large refrigerator, amplifiers of any kind, alcohol or alcohol containers
- Permission to Leave Campus - Parents permission for Resident Minor to Leave Campus
Lawrence Hall Dining Room
This all-you-care-to-eat facility features a balance of traditional foods and a variety of upscale, cutting edge American entrees, ethnically-inspired foods, vegan and vegetarian selections, and more.
Questions in regards to "Allergies" and optional food preparation.
- Katy Jacob: 412-952-3472
- Terri Charvara: 412-302-7655
Hours of operation
Saturday & Sunday
- University Main Number: 412-391-4100
- Summer Dance Office: 412-392-3456
- Housing Office (Resident Life): 412-392-3824
- Susan Stowe, Artistic Director: 412-392-3931
- Michael Shahen, Program Leader: 412-392-3457
- Security: 412-392-3960
- Health Services: 412-392-3800
- Box Office: 412-392-8000, ext. 0
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
1-877-932-6644 OR 412-392-3456
Parking for Commuters
The University does not own a parking lot. However, the City of Pittsburgh has parking lots directly across from the University and within walking distances.
- Blvd. of the Allies Lot: $13 all day - Directly across the street from the University
- Third Avenue Garage; $16 all day - Directly across the street from the University
- Mon Wharf parking: $10 a day - Two blocks from University
- Station Square: $8 per day - 10 to 12 minute walk from University (recommended choice)
- Weekend parking rate throughout the city is usually $5 per day
- North Shore Parking - $6 all day, T-Service free from North Shore to Downtown is free
T-SERVICE - Gateway Center Station and Wood Street Station - five minute walk to the University
BUSES - For maps and drop offs, visit: http://www.portauthority.org