SAEM Student Experience
Country music artist Sarah Marince talks to students in the SAEM Recording Business class.
Connecting with Working Professionals in Sports, Arts and Live Entertainment
The student experience in the SAEM major is intense and conducted with high expectations. SAEM majors are strongly encouraged to take on leadership roles in the SAEM Club, presenting and executing ideas.
Every opportunity for working and networking with professionals — both regionally and nationally — is encouraged. For example, our SAEM students recently traveled to Los Angeles for the Pollstar Live! 2019 Music Conference.
In addition, there are industry specific workshops and events on or near campus every semester for SAEM students.
Here are some examples:
- "Grammy Award-Winning Songwriter Joe West Provides Career Advice, Performs His Hit Songs"
- "Emerging Trends in Sports Seminar Focuses on Esports and Mobile Ticketing, Features Cleveland Cavaliers CEO"
- "Selling Tickets for the Cavs: SAEM Students Join Cleveland Cavaliers Sales Team"
- "Conversations with Coco: SAEM Club Welcomes Renowned Drag Queen, LGBTQ Activist, Actress and Comedian"
- "Sports Industry Seminar Allows Students to Network and Learn From Professionals in the Field"
- "President of Dare Enterprises Speaks to SAEM Business Models Class"
- "Networking in New York: SAEM Students Spend Spring Break Building Career Connections"
- "RWS Entertainment Gives Students Insight on Producing Live Events"
- "YWCA's Chaz Kellem Inspires Students to Cultivate a Culture of Diversity & Inclusion"
- Warner Music Nashville President & CEO Talks Candidly With Students
- "Pittsburgh Pirates Execs Offer SAEM Students Advice on Internships, Networking, Careers"
- "SAEM Class Working With Feld Entertainment Director to Market Monster Jam"
- "WYEP Chooses SAEM Program as Partner for ReImagination CD Project for Area Youth"
- "SAEM Welcomed Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation CEO"
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus"
- "Broadway Actor Gives Students an Inside Talk on the Entertainment Industry"
In addition, our SAEM students get hands-on, real-world experience assisting with concerts and events such as:
- Blake Shelton
- Bon Jovi
- Bruce Springsteen
- Carol Burnett
- Chris Jamison
- Chris Tomlin
- Derek Hough
- Justin Timberlake, Def Leppard/Journey and Kenny Chesney
- Maroon 5
- Panic! At The Disco
- Patrizio Buanne
- Pioneer Records Gabe Reed Release Party at Stage AE
- Raleigh Convention Center's Fourth of July Celebration
- Shania Twain and Vans Warped Tour
- Sheila E.
- Stanley Cup VIP Party
- Taylor Swift
- The Price is Right Show and Thrival Festival
- The Who
- Women Who Rock show at iHeart Media
- WWE Monday Night Raw
Can you get a job in this field? You bet!