#NHSDF at Point Park University, Feb. 28 - March 4, 2018
Point Park University welcomed high school students from around the country and around the world to the National High School Dance Festival, Feb. 28 - March 4, 2018.
About the Festival
The 2018 National High School Dance Festival included:
- Opening ceremony at the Byham Theater featuring Jessica Lang Dance, a New York City based dance company.
- Scholarship auditions for dance programs and summer intensives in front of prestigious schools from across the country.
- More than 150 master classes led by guest artists and choreographers in Point Park's state-of-the-art dance facilities.
- Two master classes with Jessica Lang Dance.
- Workshops about the college admissions process, careers in arts management, business management, marketing for dance and performing arts, as well as creating and managing a professional dance company.
- Campus tours.
- Closing ceremony at the Byham Theater where more than hundreds of scholarships were awarded to students.
Train in State-of-the-Art Dance Facilities
During the festival, students trained with resident dance faculty, guest artists and choreographers to develop a solid foundation of skills in Point Park's state-of-the-art George Rowland White Performance Center.
Krista Kay, NHSDF coordinator
Garfield Lemonius, associate professor of dance
Kathryn Kearns, NHSDF founder and executive director
Explore Point Park and Pittsburgh
Point Park University - Pittsburgh's Downtown University - is in the center of a world-class city located within walking distance to museums, galleries, shops, eateries, sports stadiums and more:
- Campus virtual tour
- Campus map
- About Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is my campus
- Conservatory of Performing Arts
Welcome to Point Park University and Downtown Pittsburgh!