CSI Summer Camp July 16-19, 2019
Learn about crime scene investigations, the forensic science field and more
High school students are invited to experience a four-day summer day camp July 16-19, 2019 on Point Park University's campus.
Point Park University professors with years of experience in their chosen fields instruct students daily on the topics of intelligence studies, criminal evidence, crime scene investigation, trace evidence, hair analysis, crime prosecution and more.The camp teaches students about the fields of forensic science, criminal justice, intelligence and national security and the job opportunities available with each of these disciplines.
CSI Camp Schedule
The camp runs each day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is a combination of lecture, student interaction and hands-on experiences including:
- Crime scene house processing and evidence lab
- Ethics in criminal justice
- Hair analysis lab
- Impression evidence lab
- Intelligence and national security
- Fingerprint lab
- "Forensic Jeopardy"
- Mock trial
- Certificate presentations … and more!
Check out the web feature story on the 2018 CSI Summer Camp at Point Park University.
The total cost for the four-day camp is $175 and includes lunch each day in the Point Park Lawrence Hall dining room, a CSI t-shirt and lab supplies.
Out-of-town guests: Visit the Area Hotels page for a list of hotels that are convenient to both the University and major traffic routes. Also, check out the About Pittsburgh page to learn about what this world-class city has to offer.
In the News
- "16 Can't-Miss STEM Summer Camps for 2017," The Bookmark, March 14, 2017.
- "From Faith to Forensic Science: Camps Offer Opportunities for Children to Explore Their Passons," North Hills Monthly, March 31, 2016.
- "Kidsburgh's 11 Unique Summer Camps," KDKA-TV, March 3, 2015.
- "11 unique summer camps for Pittsburgh kids in 2015," Kidsburgh, March 1, 2015.