Emergency Medical Services Professionals Tuition discount for EMS responders, council
Point Park University is pleased to offer a 20 percent tuition discount to emergency medical services responders who are currently certified and to members of the Allegheny County EMS Council.
- Courses and entire degree programs offered evenings and Saturdays including our Public Administration program, which features a concentration and certificate in EMS administration.
- Employees can chose from any of our undergraduate or master's degree programs.*
- Applicants need to complete all application requirements and be accepted into your program of choice.
- Convenience and flexibility for working adults, including some courses available online.*
- All programs are held at our Downtown Pittsburgh campus.
- If your employer offers a tuition benefit, you can defer paying the amount of the benefit until you have completed the semester and received your grades.
- If a member qualifies for another discount/ scholarship offered by Point Park, the member will not qualify for both discounts/scholarships but will receive the higher amount.
- Applicant must be an employee or an affiliated volunteer with a Pennsylvania Department of Health licensed emergency medical service, recognized Quick Response Service or VRSC rescue service in Allegheny County.
- This discount is only available for students registering as part-time or master's program students.
In order to receive the discount, proof of Pennsylvania Department of Health certification in one of the following will be required:
- Emergency First Responder (FR)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- Paramedic (EMT-P)
- Prehospital Registered Nurse (PHRN)
Take the first step and request information today!
*Fully online degree programs offered through Point Park University Online, as well as doctoral programs, are not eligible for tuition discounts.