Hands-On Exploration, Real-World Application
Point Park University's Entrepreneurship and Innovation major in the Rowland School of Business engages students in every phase of the entrepreneurial process, from ideation to launch, preparing them for impactful careers across a variety of business sectors.
Through hands-on experiential learning in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh's business district, you'll network and collaborate with communities of entrepreneurs in the Greater Pittsburgh region and beyond.
Our cohort model allows you to learn and grow with the same group of colleagues throughout your experience. With accelerated 8-week virtual, face-to-face and hybrid courses, you can complete your degree in as little as three years in a way that fits your schedule and preferred learning style. The program is designed to accommodate learners from many backgrounds, from high school graduates to experienced working professionals.
As the COVID-19 pandemic reshapes entire industries all over the world, the demand for an agile, entrepreneurial mindset is rapidly increasing. Point Park's program will equip you with the diversified skillset needed to navigate and excel in a multi-faceted business environment.
Students in this immersive program will:
- Learn how to apply a design and innovation toolset to analyze and create new products and services.
- Develop essential technology skills for use in startups, social ventures, family businesses and corporate enterprises.
- Demonstrate strategic and financial planning skills through the development of a business plan and supporting financial documents.
- Hone the ability to communicate analysis of data derived from sales and marketing analytics to appropriate audiences.
- Analyze and apply concepts and issues of entrepreneurial leadership, law and ethics.
- Enhance professional acumen through mentoring, structured internships, new venture launches and related co-curricular activities.
- Launch your education in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh and its dynamic business district.
- Work alongside growing startups or established businesses, or nurture your own idea in the Entrepreneurial Residency course, a hands-on practicum that emphasizes real-world application.
- Gain international experience through our study abroad program.
- Share your skills with budding organizations and learn from seasoned entrepreneurs through Point Park's on-campus business incubator, slated to open in Fall 2023.
- Network with and learn from experienced faculty who will connect you to meaningful internships and job opportunities.
- Utilize the Michael P. Pitterich Sales & Innovation Center to connect with students and faculty from across disciplines, business leaders, successful entrepreneurs and potential funders in a think-tank atmosphere.
Our flexible degree in Entrepreneurship and Innovation will prepare you for a variety of career paths, including:
- Business owner
- Startup consultant
- Corporate and for-profit roles focused on leading change
Meet Our Faculty
Core courses in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation program include:
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship
- Investments and Entrepreneurial Finance
- Digital Customer Experience
- Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurial Residency
Select from two engaging concentrations that will set you up for changemaking career success: Innovative Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship.
Innovative EntrepreneurshipCourses include:
- Risk Management in Emerging Markets
- Creativity and Product Innovation
- Human-Centered Design
- Scaling Operations: Strategy to Execution
Social EntrepreneurshipCourses include:
- Advocacy & Social Change
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Human-Centered Design
- Digital Storytelling & Reporting
Early Start Master's Program
- This degree program is included in our Early Start Master's Program, through which students have the option to take two core classes from one of our master's programs. This program enables students to earn a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree from Point Park in as little as five years. Visit our Early Start Master's Program page for more information.