Arts Management Focus
PIctured above: Rachel Winkler, senior manager of individual giving and development operations, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in NYC
The SAEM department builds upon the strength of Point Park's nationally-ranked Conservatory of Performing Arts — a perfect platform for training on the business side of this career path. SAEM courses in arts management have helped aspiring musicians launch their careers and provided dancers with skills in studio business operations.
Additionally, Pittsburgh's Cultural District is just blocks away from campus, offering students with the opportunity to work in theatre, ballet, opera and dance. The Carnegie Museums, the Carnegie Science Center and the Andy Warhol Museum are also nearby.
SAEM Alumni Working in Arts ManagementOur SAEM alumni can be found throughout the nation working in the arts management field. They include:
- Kady Chambers, convention services manager, Baltimore Convention Center
- Emily McCoy, manager of donor relations, Pittsburgh Public Theater
- Mallory (Schirr) Shea, marketing and media relations manager, University Musical Society
- Hugh Stumpp, associate house manager, Jujamcyn Theaters in NYC
- Rachel Winkler, senior manager of individual giving and development operations, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in NYC
Arts Faculty, Coursework and InternshipsFaculty teaching arts management focused courses include Teresa Gregory, M.F.A., arts administrator and fundraising expert, and Kendra Ross, ABD, a partner with ACT3 Consulting Partners, LLC, a firm specializing in arts/culture, community and technology-driven projects.
Embedded in Point Park University's Pittsburgh Playhouse, SAEM students get hands-on experience working in the box office, front of house and guest services and learn performance marketing/advertising techniques.
Arts management courses in the SAEM major include:
- Advanced Fundraising
- Fundraising from Crowdfunding to Proposal Writing
- Performing Arts Presenting and Touring
- Producing Commercial and Nonprofit Performing Arts
- Production Management
- Stage Management
Learn more about the SAEM major.