Get Career-Ready for a Vast and Exciting Industry
To prepare students for arts management careers, Point Park University's Sports, Arts & Entertainment Management (SAEM) degree program builds upon the strength of Point Park's nationally-ranked Conservatory of Performing Arts — a perfect platform for training on the business side of this career path. SAEM courses in arts management have helped aspiring musicians launch their careers and provided dancers with skills in studio business operations.
Additionally, Pittsburgh's Cultural District is just blocks away from campus, offering students the opportunity to work in theatre, ballet, opera and dance. Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Carnegie Science Center and the Andy Warhol Museum are also nearby.
Arts Faculty, Coursework and Internships
Faculty teaching arts management focused courses include Teresa Gregory, M.F.A., arts administrator and fundraising expert. Embedded in Point Park University's Pittsburgh Playhouse, SAEM students get hands-on experience working in the box office, front of house and guest services and learn performance marketing/advertising techniques.
Arts management courses in the SAEM major include:
- Advanced Fundraising
- Fundraising from Crowdfunding to Proposal Writing
- Performing Arts Presenting and Touring
- Producing Commercial and Nonprofit Performing Arts
- Production Management
- Stage Management
SAEM Arts News & Features
SAEM Alumni Working in Arts Management
Our SAEM alumni can be found throughout the nation working in the arts management field. They include:
- Kady Chambers, convention services manager, Baltimore Convention Center
- Emily McCoy, manager of donor relations, Pittsburgh Public Theater
- Mallory (Schirr) Shea, marketing and media relations manager, University Musical Society
- Hugh Stumpp, associate house manager, Jujamcyn Theaters in NYC
- Rachel Winkler, senior manager of individual giving and development operations, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in NYC