Entertainment (Music) Management Focus
Our music business partnership with Stage AE (AEG/Promo West) and other concert venues and promoters such as Live Nation, The Roxian Theatre, Drusky Entertainment, PPG Paints Arena, Opus One and many others gives our SAEM students taking courses in entertainment music business direct access to key job opportunities in the entertainment field.
Additionally, Point Park University has its own student-managed record label called Pioneer Records. Through the record label, students learn about record promotion, marketing and booking — including planning and hosting live concerts. Pioneer Records is unique among colleges and universities in the Pittsburgh region and is a cooperative partnership with Red Caiman Studios, a commercial recording studio in Pittsburgh's Uptown section.
SAEM Alumni Working in Entertainment Management
Our SAEM alumni working in entertainment management include:
- Alexis Galasso, manager of streaming operations, Universal Music Group
- Max Kovalchuk, Touring, artist development and assistant, Elektra Music Group
- Bret Kunash, general manager, Club Cafe
- Nicholas Turgeon, assistant operations manager, PPG Paints Arena
- Meredith Savage, VIP services and hospitality specialist, Madison Square Garden
- Lauren Kachmar Shughart, ticketing and guest services manager, World Cafe Live
- Lin Sun, coordinator, release planning, Sony Music Entertainment
- Ericka Thomas, marketing coordinator, Live Nation Entertainment
- Adam Valen, marketing manager, Drusky Entertainment, LLC