Achieve Your Sports Career Goals
Point Park University's Sports, Arts & Entertainment Management (SAEM) degree program is distinctive because of its walking distance to so many iconic sports franchises including the Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates and Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Strong NCAA organizations are located nearby as well.
Point Park alumni work for the many sports organizations surrounding our campus, and our faculty, such as Robert Derda, M.S., bring extensive sports industry experience to the classroom. These advantages translate into networking and shadowing opportunities, industry experts in the classroom, internships and jobs.
Our sports focus within the SAEM program will provide you with a thorough knowledge of the business side of the sports industry, as well as meaningful connections that will enable you to build your network of sports professionals.
SAEM Sports News & Features
Point Park Pittsburgh Penguins Sales Team
The Point Park University Pittsburgh Penguins Sales Team was recognized during a game by alumna Celina Pompeani Mathison.
Video courtesy of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Point Park Cavs Sales Team
The Point Park University CAVS Student Sales Team was honored on court before a Cleveland Cavaliers basketball game.
Video courtesy of the Cleveland Cavaliers
SAEM Alumni Working in Sports
Our SAEM alumni working in the sports management field include:
- Haley Adams, social media coordinator, RCX Sports
- Austin Brooks, NFL marketing agent, Neostar Football
- Chance Callahan, inside sales representative, Washington Commanders
- Morgan Day, regional merchandise manager, Momentous Sports & Entertainment
- Dana Drewniak, group events specialist, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Greg Fedor, director of membership services, Western Pennsylvania Golf Association
- Jon Hanks, inside sales representative, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Julia Hester, external events coordinator, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Justin Joyce, assistant director of ticket operations, Pitt Athletics
- Nicole Lakovic, membership services representative, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Jessica Martin, manager, ticket sales and operations, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Meghan McCabe, event producer, Kapture Vision
- Brendan McKnight, inside sales representative, Learfield – Pitt Athletics
- Dani McSweeney, marketing project lead, Dicks Sporting Goods
- Michael Mitchell, corporate sales account executive, Sacramento River Cats
- Rebekah Mohrmann, HR assistant/receptionist, Nashville Predators
- Anthony Pignetti, executive director of business development, Reading Fightin Phils
- Carlos Polanco, player development – technology assistant, Toronto Blue Jays
- Evan Schall, director of communications, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Julio Sepúlveda, coordinator of coaching & player development, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Fausto Severino, director of Latin America scouting, Washington Nationals
- Erik Stouter, account executive, Washington Wild Things
- Matt Uzar, events coordinator, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Cassandra Wangler, membership services representative, Pittsburgh Penguins
- David Wilson, instant replay technician and game day assistant, Philadelphia Eagles