Kelly Donnellan, M.F.A.
- Office: 204 University Center
- Phone: 412-392-4302
- Fax: 412-392-4307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.F.A., Film and Electronic Media, American University
- B.F.A., Filmmaking; Editing & Sound, University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- B.S., Physical Therapy, Russell Sage College
- Production II, III
- Cinema Arts Professional
Kelly Donnellan is an award-winning editor and director. She has edited two feature documentaries and more than 50 short films, including the Student Academy Award-winning documentary Dying Green in 2012, which received a silver medal.
Donnellan’s editorial work can be seen on several short documentaries for the Favorite Poem Project Chicago, sponsored by the National Poetry Foundation. She edited the award-winning short documentary I Throw Rocks! and her directorial effort, I is Another, earned her recognition as the "Best Female Director-Woman to Watch” from the Underexposed Film Festival in 2013.
She collaborated with information artist Laura Foxman on THE LISTENING ARCHIVE, which was installed from February-April 2018 at Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD) in the Mike Kelley Mobile Homestead.
Currently, Donnellan is editing a feature documentary about Romanian surrealist Poet Andrei Codrescu.
- University Film & Video Association, 2011-present
- Broadcast Education Association, 2011-present
- National Communication Association, 2020
Selected Artistic Works
- Fish Have No Psychiatrists, editor. A feature-length documentary about Romanian Poet Andrei Codrescu, 2021-present.
- The Listening Archive, editor. Installation at Museum of Contemporize Art Detroit (MOCAD), Mike Kelley Mobile Homestead, 2017-18.
- Naomi Beckwith, Tom Moran and Samantha Kyrkostas, editor. Favorite Poem Project Chicago, National Poetry Foundation, 2014-15.
- I Throw Rocks, editor, 2013-15.
- Dying Green, editor, 2011-13.
- I is Another, producer, director, editor, cinematographer, 2006-12.
- Editing and post-production
- Editing aesthetics, history and theory
- Personal essay and experimental documentary filmmaking
- Inclusive teaching practices
- Watching as many films in a variety of genres, modes and forms as possible
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Wayne State University, 2021
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Wayne State University College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts, 2020
- Inspire Award for Teaching Excellence, Wayne State University Department of Communication, 2018
- Service to Students Award, Wayne State University College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts, 2016