NHSDF Recruiter & Exhibitor Information
Point Park University welcomes recruiters and exhibitors to the National High School Dance Festival March 1-5, 2023.
Participants are encouraged to arrive Wednesday, March 1, the day before the festival begins. It is recommended that you do not pay for non-refundable flights until your participation in the festival is confirmed.
If you have any questions or concerns about your registration status, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty interested in teaching at the festival must submit a Festival Faculty Volunteer Teaching Registration by Sept. 30, 2022.
Institutions interested in having a table and representatives for recruitment and information purposes at the festival must fill out the Recruiter Registration and submit payment by Jan. 10, 2023. No on-site registrations will be accepted.
The recruiter registration will register your organization or institution for the National High School Dance Festival. You will also be able to include scholarship and advertisement information for the program. A registration fee of $330 includes up to two recruiters. Additional recruiters are $90 each.
Each registered recruiter or exhibitor will receive:
- ID badge and full-color copy of festival program
- Inclusion of recruiter or exhibitor institution or company name in festival program
- List of student festival participants with high school contact information
- Access to scholarship audition classes if offering a scholarship
- Access to all festival events (excluding dance classes)
Please note that receipt of student profile book is limited to those recruiters offering student scholarships.
Please review all deadlines, forms and fees before registering.
All festival participants will receive a full-color commemorative festival program, which features information about the festival, as well as information and advertisements for institutions and organizations.
Advertising space is available at the following rates:
- Front inside cover: $960
- Full page, full color: $720
- Full page, black and white: $600
- Half page, full color: $480
- Half page, black and white: $420
The only file format accepted is high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi) PDF. Full-color ads must be CMYK. Black and white ads should be high contrast. Publication trim size: 8 1/2" x 11". Acceptance of any advertisement is subject to publishers approval.
- Full page: 7 inches (w) X 10 inches (h)
- Half page (horizontal): 7 inches (w) X 5 inches (h)
Please upload your advertisement in the Advertisement Submission (if only submitting an advertisement) or Recruiter Registration (if attending the festival) or submit via email to NHSDF coordinator. All advertisements must be received and paid for by Jan. 16, 2023 by 4 p.m. to guarantee copy in the program.
By submission of advertisement copy to the University, the advertiser warrants and represents that he/she:
- Is the owner of any logos, trade name, trademarks, service marks, etc. (Intellectual Property) to be used in the festival Program;
- Has the right or license to use such Intellectual Property;
- Is not infringing on the intellectual property rights of any third party by such use; and
- Will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the University from any claims that arise from or due to the inclusion of the Intellectual Property in the festival program.
In accordance with the philosophy of the National High School Dance Festival, we ask that all recruiters observe the following guidelines:
- Only official representatives from each institution and/or summer program who are offering scholarships may be present at the auditions. No high school teachers, chaperones, parents or students are permitted in the audition area at any time.
- Audition classes will be held on Thursday, March. 2, 2023, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the George Rowland White Performance Center
- Auditions are open only to those students who have registered and paid prior to arrival at the festival
- Recruiters may distribute information about their institution and dance programs only in the exhibition area
- Interviews with individual students should be scheduled in the exhibition area
- Recruiters may observe festival classes, space permitting
- Recruiters may attend all concerts
- Recruiters may not offer students gifts or favors
- No individual on-site auditions are permitted during the festival
Students selected to audition will be among the most outstanding high school dancers in the country. The National High School Dance Festival invites you to be a part of this process by awarding a scholarship to one or more of these deserving students.
We hope your school/program can take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to view so many young and talented dancers at such an important festival. Awarding a scholarship allows you to play a pivotal role in the futures of these young dancers. We thank you for this consideration.
Please submit your scholarship information along with your Recruiter Registration. For more information regarding the audition process, please see Scholarships.
An electronic booklet of all student application forms will be prepared for all scholarship donors only. The booklet will give scholarship donors access to all student names and other essential contact information. (A parent/guardian signature is mandatory for each students data release).
Each registered recruiter per institution donating a scholarship/scholarships will receive an electronic booklet.
Any institution awarding a scholarship should send a representative to choose the recipient(s). Please note that your representative will be viewing each of the audition classes. If you are unable to send a representative (and we strongly encourage you to do so), we ask that you assign a colleague attending the festival to act in your stead. The scholarship will be awarded at the closing ceremonies by the Scholarship Committee or, if you prefer, by your representative. Closing ceremonies will be held on Sunday, March 5, 2023, at approximately 11:30 a.m.
Assignment of Space
All exhibit space is assigned on a first come, first paid basis. Festival staff will accommodate location preferences on a space available basis.Decisions made by the festival staff regarding exhibit space location will be final.
Configuration of Exhibit Space
Each exhibitor will receive a table approximately 4' x 24" and two chairs.
Care of Exhibit Space
Exhibitors may not damage or deface the walls or floors of exhibit space. Nothing shall be posted on, or tacked, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to the columns, walls, floors or other parts of the building or furniture. When such damage occurs, the exhibitor will be liable to the University for the repair or replacement cost of any damaged exhibit space.
Security of Exhibit Space
The exhibition area will be locked during off-hours and overnight, except during exhibit set-up and break down time periods. During exhibit hours, exhibitors should exercise good and reasonable judgment in safeguarding their personal items and valuables.
Insurance and Liability
Exhibitors should obtain and maintain property insurance with appropriate limits should any of their personal equipment, items, and/or valuables become lost or stolen during the festival. The exhibitor is solely responsible for his/her materials and property, and in no event will Point Park University or the National High School Dance Festival be liable for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur to the exhibitor.
- Thursday, March 2: Set up anytime after 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 3: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Exhibit Hall open
- Saturday, March 4: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Exhibit Hall open
Exhibits may be taken down Saturday, March 4 after 4:30 p.m. Please notify the National High School Dance Festival coordinator if you require a later tear-down time.