Denise Beverina-Moore, M.A.
Director of Student Placement, School of Education
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, California State College
- Master of Arts, Counseling and Guidance, West Virginia University
- Elementary Teacher, California State College
- Elementary and Secondary Guidance, West Virginia University
- Elementary Principal Certification, University of Pittsburgh
- School Psychologist Certification, Duquesne University
- Director of Pupil Personnel Services
- Special Education and Inclusive Practices
- Applied Research Practicum in School Leadership I
- Differentiated Teaching and Learning
- Technology Literacy for Teaching
Denise Beverina Moore, M.A., NCSP (retired), has more than 35 years of experience working in public education. Prior to joining Point Park University, she served as principal of South Fayette Elementary School, a high achieving National Blue Ribbon elementary school with exemplary PSSA scores. Beverina Moore joined South Fayette in 1991 as director of pupil personnel services school psychologist. Before that, she served as coordinator of special education services, school psychologist, elementary guidance counselor and elementary teacher for McGuffey School District. She is a past president and past board of directors member for the Myasthenia Gravis Association of Western PA and past treasurer for Phi Delta Kappa.
- Pennsylvania Association of Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Parent Teacher Association (lifetime member)
Point Park Features
- "Faculty and Career Development Center Help Education Students Land Teaching Jobs for Fall," Point Park University website, June 28, 2016.
- "Alumnus, Graduate Student Lands Dream Job as an English/Special Education Teacher," Point Park University website, Oct. 14, 2015.