Linda B. Hippert, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor, Education
Coordinator, Superintendent Letter of Eligibility, M.Ed. in Secondary Education and M.Ed. and M.A. in Learning, Design and Technology
- Office: 712 Academic Hall
- Phone: 412-392-3878
- Mobile: 412-389-6631
- Fax: 412-392-3927
- Email: email@example.com
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Education, Curriculum and Supervision, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctorate of Education, Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program for Educational Leaders, Duquesne University
- Secondary Administrative Certification, Duquesne University
- Letter of Superintendent Eligibility, Duquesne University
- Teaching in the Secondary School
- Introduction to Research Writing
- Dissertation Writing I, II and III
Linda B. Hippert, Ed.D., is an assistant professor and coordinator of the superintendent letter of eligibility program, M.Ed. in Secondary Education and M.Ed. and M.A. in Learning, Design and Technology in the School of Education at Point Park University. Prior to joining Point Park, Hippert was the executive director of the Allegheny Intermediate Unit, a regional public education agency and liaison to the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the 42 schools districts in suburban Allegheny County. The AIU provides high quality, cost effective programs and services to 42 school districts in Allegheny County, as well as non-public schools and early childhood and community organizations.
In addition to leading the AIU, Hippert was an adjunct faculty member for California University of Pennsylvania and Duquesne University. Before that, she served in a variety of roles including superintendent of schools, junior-senior high school principal and associate junior-senior high school principal for South Fayette School District. She was also a mathematics teacher for Trinity, Peters Township and Chartiers Valley School Districts.
The Leader as a Change Agent
Systemic Change and Systems Leadership
Building Trust and Transparency
Honors and Awards
- Woman of Distinction, Arts and Education, Western PA Girl Scouts, May 2016
- Tri-State Distinguished Educator Award, 2011
- Phi Delta Kappa, Paul Varnum Leadership Award, 2008
- Century Club Award of Distinguished Alumni for exemplary professional achievement and service to the community, Duquesne University, 2008
- Mind, Heart and Spirit Award for Academic Excellence, Duquesne University, 2007
- Distinguished Educator Award, Jean Winsand Institute, University of Pittsburgh, 2007
- Excellence in Leadership Award representing Duquesne University, University Council for Educational Administration, 2008
- Faculty recipient of the Excellence in Leadership Award, Adult Student Association in the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement, Duquesne University, 2005
- AASA Finis Engleman Award for Aspiring Educational Leaders, 1995
- Communications Award, Pennsylvania School Public Relations Association, 1994
Educational Leadership Service
- Remake Learning Council
- Allegheny County Health Insurance Consortium Trustee
- University of Pittsburgh, Tri-State Study Council, Executive Committee
- Forum for Superintendents, Advisory Board, Executive Committee, University of Pittsburgh
- Governor's Education Transition Team, 2010
- Pennsylvania Association of Intermediate Units, President, 2017-18
- Phi Delta Kappa Educational Fraternity Executive Board Member
- Duquesne University, School of Education, Leadership Advisory Board
Community Leadership Service
- Leadership Pittsburgh Graduate, LP XXIV, Annual Facilitator of Education Day for Leadership Pittsburgh at Point Park University
- Graduate, FBI Citizen's Academy
- FBI Hope Awareness Task Force
- Carnegie Science Center, Board Member, 2009-2012
- Three Rivers Workforce Investment, Board Member, 2010-2018
- Youth Policy Council, Committee Member, 2010-2018
- Grable Foundation Community Cabinet Member, 2007-2010
- Arts Education Collaborative, 2007-2014; Steering Committee and Executive Board
- Cherry Hill Homeowners Association, Board Vice President and Newsletter Editor
- Eucharistic Minister and Finance Council Member, St. John Capistran Church, Upper St. Clair, Pa.
In the News
- "Teacher shortage crisis prompts a number of possible solutions," KDKA-TV, July 19, 2022.
- "Parents Creating Pandemic Pods to Help with Remote Learning, Socialization," WPXI-TV, Sept. 17, 2020.
- "Local School Districts Go Back To (Virtual) School, Plan For The Year Ahead," WESA 90.5, FM, Sept. 1, 2020.
- "Back-to-School Pandemic Pods," KDKA-TV, Aug. 20, 2020.
- "Schools seek ways to minimize COVID-19 learning loss," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 20, 2020.
- "Many Local School Districts Are Starting School Earlier Than Ever," KDKA-TV, Aug. 19, 2019.
- "The Start of Fall Classes at Point Park University — Assistant Professor of Education, Dr. Linda Hippert," KDKA Newsradio, Aug. 19, 2019.
- "SAT Assigning New Score, Factors In Social And Economic Backgrounds Of Students," KDKA-TV, May 17, 2019.
- "Many Factors Go Into Decisions To Close Schools Because of Weather," KDKA-TV, Jan. 29, 2019.
- "Without additional funding or will to merge, some Southwestern PA school districts try sharing resources to offer students more opportunities," PublicSource, Dec. 17, 2018.
- "School Safety Task Force Has Recommendations, But Not Much Cash To Help Districts Implement Them," KDKA-TV, Aug. 27, 2018.
Point Park Features
- Ed.D. and Superintendent Program Student Julie Franczyk Promoted to Assistant Superintendent at Chartiers Valley," Point Park University website, June 16, 2022.
- "Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Linda Hippert, Assistant Professor, Coordinator, Superintendent Letter of Eligibility Program," Point Park University website, Feb. 17, 2022.
- "Point Park University Education Expert Offers Tips for Parents Navigating K-12 Back to School," Point Park University website, Aug. 11, 2020.
- "Point Park University Welcomes 12 New Full-Time Faculty Members," Point Park University website, Sept. 27, 2018.