Tara M. Abbott, Ph.D.
Part-Time Faculty Member, Education
- Bachelor of Science, Management, The Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Arts, Organizational Leadership, concentration in Higher Education, Rider University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Education Research, Assessment and Program Evaluation, Seton Hall University
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Dissertation Writing I, II and III
- Introduction to Research Writing
- Statistics and Quantitative Research Methods
Tara Abbott, Ph.D., is a part-time faculty member in the School of Education at Point Park University. She has also served as a part-time faculty member in the psychology departments at Point Park and Chatham University. Abbott has held the roles of director of fundraising and public relations and assistant director of development for The Arc of Somerset County in Manville, N.J.
Abbott resides in the South Hills with her husband and two young daughters. She enjoys all things outdoors, Penn State Football, cooking, reading, supporting local craft breweries, running and spending time with family and friends.
Higher education funding and finance
Measuring impact of student debt
Equity in education
Disparity in student discipline
- Whitehall Public Library Board of Directors, board member, vice president for FY 2019
- Kappa Delta Pi, international honor society in the field of education, member
- Seton Hall University Higher Education Graduate Student Association, served as steward
- New Jersey United Way Young Professionals, served on steering committee to launch the group
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association, lifetime member
Point Park Features
- "Faculty Feature: Meet Tara Abbott, Ph.D., School of Education," Point Park University website, Sept. 24, 2019.
- "Point Park University Welcomes 12 New Full-Time Faculty Members for the 2019-20 Academic Year," Point Park University website, Sept. 17, 2019.