Matt's Maker Space Lab
"Maker spaces are becoming more popular in elementary schools across the country. I love having one on campus because the experience I get from working in the maker space prepares me to use it in the most optimal way with my students in the future."
– Sophie Jebose '23, elementary education major
Our Community Partners
Point Park's Matt's Maker Space Lab is part of the regional Making It Happen in Makerspaces program, which includes several Pittsburgh partners:
- MakerEd Making Spaces: Expanding Maker Education Across the Nation
- The Education Partnership
- West Middlesex School District
- Sister Thea Bowman Academy
- UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Additionally, Point Park received a $281,830 grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to support the School of Education's “Transforming Integrative Makerspace Education for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) Pre-Service Teachers” program. Our community partners on the grant include:
- Matt's Maker Space
- Children's Museum Pittsburgh
- Allegheny Intermediate Unit
- Remake Learning
- Mt. Lebanon School District
- Manchester Academic Charter
In the News
- "Point Park University School of Education Receives National Science Foundation Grant to Support STEM Educator Training," Point Park University website, Nov. 30, 2021.
- "Photos: Point Park's School of Education Hosts Grand Opening for Matt's Maker Space Lab," Point Park University website, Aug. 31, 2021.
- "Point Park University's School of Education Opens Matt's Maker Space Lab," Point Park University website, Feb. 23, 2021.