Pursue Various Career Paths in Education and Beyond
Point Park University's Bachelor of Arts degree program in instructional studies — also available fully online — is a useful alternative to the teacher certification route.
It is intended for students who have a strong interest in the field of education and are seeking career opportunities that would not require formal state teaching certification.
If teaching certification is your ultimate goal, with your University advisor's approval, students may complete 12 credits of graduate coursework that can be used toward the bachelor's degree completion, as well as the beginning of a Master's of Education program leading to PA teacher certification.
Point Park’s online programs are offered in a flexible format at an affordable cost. Online courses are 8 weeks long and are always offered asynchronously for your convenience.
Online students have access to the same great benefits as those on campus:
- Point Park faculty with real-world experience.
- Small online class sizes for individualized attention.
- A full spectrum of University resources.
- A student success advisor offering support from application to graduation, who will guide you to successfully complete your degree.
Cohorts begin every eight weeks. Apply now!
With an instructional studies degree, you will have the option to pursue career opportunities in various areas, such as:
- Daycare and early learning centers
- Paraprofessional or teaching assistant in public schools
- Private schools not requiring PDE certification
- Extended school programs
- Community centers
- Profit and non-profit organizations focused on children, youth and families
- Youth service agencies