There’s still time to reserve your spot at Point Park for Fall 2022 by paying your tuition deposit. Your deposit allows you to take advantage of class registration and housing options.
Pre-Medical and Health-Related Professions Program
Required Courses to Complete the Program
Below are the required courses to successfully complete Point Park's pre-medical and health-related professions program. These are the most common courses required nationwide by medical schools and related programs.
- 1 year of general biology
- 1 year of physics with lab
- 1 year of general chemistry (inorganic chemistry) with lab (core chem 101)
- 1 year of organic chemistry with lab
- 1 course in calculus or statistics (core)
- 1 year of English (core)
- 1 course in sociology (core)
- 1 course in psychology (core)
- 1 year of upper-division biology (recommended)
Affiliation with LECOM
A select group of entering freshmen can begin a formal path toward a professional career in medicine through Point Park's pre-medical and health-related professions program, and after being accepted into the University's LECOM affiliate program.
This exclusive program will admit up to five students a year for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree path and up to five students a year for the Doctor of Pharmacy degree path.
Learn more about Point Park University's affiliation with LECOM.
Visit the pre-medical and health-related professions program FAQs page or contact Laura Frost, Ph.D., program coordinator, at email@example.com to learn more.