Daud Isa, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Mass Communication, University of Georgia
- M.S., Journalism, West Virginia University
- M.S.S., International Relations, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- B.S.S., International Relations, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Broadcast Copywriting
- Media Storytelling
- Broadcast News Reporting
Daud Isa, Ph.D., is an assistant professor in the School of Communication at Point Park University. Before joining Point Park, he was a lecturer at Boise State University.
Isa holds a Ph.D. from the University of Georgia's Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communication as well as an M.S. in Journalism from West Virginia University.
Prior to attending graduate school, Isa worked as a journalist for nearly 10 years. He worked for several print and broadcast media in Bangladesh and the U.S. including international broadcaster Al Jazeera English.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- Isa, D., & Urbanski, S. (2021). A Comparative Analysis of Cold War and Post-Cold War Media Framing of Aviation Disasters. International Journal of Communication and Society, 3(2), pp. 85-95.
- Himelboim, I. & Isa, D. (2019)*. Using a Semantic Networks Approach to Monitor and Evaluate Influence on Social Media. In D. Sultănescu (Ed.), Challenges in Strategic Communication and Fighting Propaganda in Eastern Europe (pp. 97-102). *Invited article.
- Isa, D., & Himelboim, I. (2018). A Social Networks Approach to Online Social Movement: Social Mediators and Mediated Content in #FreeAJStaff Twitter Network. Social Media + Society, 4(1).
- Isa, D., Himelboim, I, & Golan, G. "A Semantic Networks Approach to Agenda Setting: The case of #NeverAgain Social Movement on Twitter." Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC), 2020.
- Isa, D., Li, Q., Wang, M., Borah, P., & Himelboim, I. "Campaign Strategies on Twitter in 2016 U.S. Presidential Election: Real-time Event, Negativity and Online Engagement." AEJMC, 2018.
- Isa, D., & Himelboim, I. "A Social Networks Approach to Online Social Movement: Social Mediators and Mediated Content in #FreeAJStaff Twitter Network." International Communication Association (ICA), 2017.
- Yousuf, M., & Isa, D. "Political Divide on Twitter: A Study of Selective Exposure Clusters." AEJMC, 2016.
- Isa, D. "MH17 Tragedy: An Analysis of Cold War and Post-Cold War Media Framing of Airline Disasters." AEJMC, 2015.
- Social networks
- Semantic networks
- Network agenda setting
- Online social movement
- Social media
- International communication
Awards and Honors
- Fellow, Knight Foundation-funded PhDigital Bootcamp, Media Innovation Lab, Texas State University
- Doctoral Research Fellowship, University of Georgia
- Prentiss Courson Scholarship, University of Georgia's Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communication