Transfer Students Welcome to a very transfer-friendly campus
Point Park University has a long history of welcoming students from community colleges, other four-year institutions, and trade and technical schools that offer college credits. We offer a wide range of academic programs to transfer students, but the benefits don't stop there.
Key Links for Transfer Students
Smooth Transition Program
You could qualify for up to $19,000 per year in Point Park transfer scholarships – including a $3,000 per academic year scholarship as a transfer from a Pennsylvania state school.
Smooth Transition Program Components:
- Smooth Transition Scholarship -- $3,000 per academic year for transfers from Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education stacked on top of existing transfer scholarships. Scholarships range from $13,000-$19,000 per year depending on academic qualifications.
- Expedited review of transfer credits and transfer equivalencies
- Transfer Counselor to assist in process
- Academic Success Coach to help you stay on track to graduate in four years
Our admissions counselors can help you through all the steps to transfer, including:
- Selecting an academic program
- Reviewing transcripts
- Applying for admission
- Exploring financial aid options
- Registering for classes
Understanding the Transfer Process
What is a Transfer Applicant?
- A transfer applicant is a student who has successfully completed 12 or more credits at a regionally accredited college or university.
Should I Attend Full Time or Part Time?
- Full-Time Undergraduate Admissions (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who want to take 12 to 18 credits per semester, and who want to attend classes primarily Monday through Friday during the day and evening.) Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships are available for full-time transfer students from a community college.
- Part-Time Undergraduate Admissions (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who want to take 3 to 11 credits per semester primarily attending evening or Saturday classes.)
- Graduate Admissions (U.S. citizens or permanent residents who want to take graduate classes).
- International Admissions (Students from outside the U.S. who want to take 12 to 18 credits per semester, and who want to attend classes primarily Monday through Friday during the day and evening.)
Video: Learn about the transfer student experience at Point Park
- Undergraduate admissions: (412) 392-3430 / 1-800-321-0129 or email@example.com
Learn More About Life at Point Park
- Student Life
- On-campus Housing
- Student Groups and Activities
- Student Center
- Services for Commuter Students
- Things to do in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Health and Student Services
- Professional Career-Readiness Center
- Generous transfer credits so you can earn your degree sooner
- Scholarships and grants especially for transfer students
- Over 70 majors and academic programs, with small class sizes and faculty experienced in their fields
- A dynamic, urban campus in Downtown Pittsburgh that puts you close to internships and job opportunities.